This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The HD10 Underwater Housing for Sony HXR-NX5U Camcorder from Equinox is a durable polyvinyl carbonate waterproof housing for your Sony HXR-NX5U AVCHD camcorder. It enables you to safely shoot underwater with your camcorder to a maximum depth of 200'. Mechanical controls provide access to essential camcorder functions. The housing has a dome-shaped acrylic lens port and near-neutral buoyancy at approximately 33' (10 m). Optional internal color correction filters are available to help restore colors that get absorbed beneath the surface. External filters are not available.
The housing includes a rear-mounted 2.5" Color LCD monitor with a rechargeable battery and charger. It also has an EO waterproof bulkhead for video out to the water's surface. The BRS / Ballast Release System serves a dual purpose: Easy travel and fast transport to the surface, should you run into trouble during your underwater video adventure. Simply pull on the quick release pin on one of the wings and the wing and ballast/handle both release; the housing now becomes positive in buoyancy and shoots to the surface.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 200'
- Manual mechanical controls give you access to the camcorder's essential functions, including Power on / off, Record start / stop, Zoom-Wide/Telephoto, White Balance, Auto Focus, Auto/Manual focus Switch, Manual focus gear, Iris, Iris gear, ND Filter and LCD Power on/off
- Crafted from durable, thermal-based polyvinyl carbonate. Near-neutral buoyancy at approximately 33' (10 m). Rubber feet offer stability, even on a rocking boat. Additionally, a D-ring on the rear plate enables easy attachment to a lanyard
- Lens Port
- Dome-shaped acrylic port will help correct for underwater distortion and will accommodate many wide-angle conversion lenses
- Color Correction Filters
- Internal color correction filters are optional; external filters are not available. Color filters help restore colors that get absorbed underwater due to the water's acting as a giant blue or green filter
- Included Monitor
- 2.5" Color LCD monitor with rechargeable battery and charger
- Other Video Accessories
- EO waterproof bulkhead connector for video out to the surface of the water
- Ballast Release System
- BRS allows for easy travel underwater and transport to surface. Simply pull on quick release pin on one of the wings and wing and ballast/handle release, housing becomes positive in buoyancy and shoots to surface
- Easy Mounting
- A sliding tray mounting system allows for easy insertion and removal of the camcorder