The Portico 5024 Quad Mic Preamp from Rupert Neve Designs is a four-channel microphone preamplifier that offers a versatile way to connect microphones, instruments, and line-level sources. Channels One and Two feature 1/4" Hi-Z instrument inputs, and a 1/4" THRU output to pass the connected signal to an external piece of gear. A Mid/Side decoding button enables you to control the Mid level on channel Three, and Side level on channel Four. Every channel features a Silk button, which engages circuitry that adds vintage-style warmth to the signal. There are buttons on every channel to activate phantom power, phase reverse, mute, and a high-pass filter that gives you the option to cut at 30 or 90 Hz. All of the XLR inputs are transformer-balanced, and its balanced XLR outputs are transformer-coupled.
- Every channel features custom transformers and class-A circuitry
- 0 to 72 dB Gain knobs and -6 to +6 dB Trim knobs on every channel
- When the Gain knobs are set at 0 dB and the phantom is turned off, the 5024 can handle signals of +25 dBu without the need for pads, and act as line-level inputs with an impedance of 10k ohms
- Eight-segment LED meters on every channel
- Ground Lift buttons on channels One and Two