The MW817ST WXGA 3000 Lumens DLP Projector by BenQ delivers sharp images thanks to a 13000:1 contrast ratio, 3000 lumens of brightness and 13.07 billion colors. The native WXGA (12800 x 800) resolution can project on screen sizes from 30-300" and has a 0.49 ultra short-throw ratio. It also has a native 16:10 aspect ratio.
There is a variety of energy saving modes featured with this projector. Eco Blank Mode blanks the projection screen when the projector is not in use by automatically dimming the lamp power. This can reduce the total power consumption by almost 70%. In Smart Eco Mode, the projector boosts contrast and ratio for high visibility without burning the fan out. In normal mode, the screen can use up to 296W of power, but in Smart Eco mode, the projector only uses 163W of power. Also, when there's no source detected for over three minutes, the projector goes directly into Eco Blank mode to save energy.
For IT Administrators, there's LAN control with PJ-Link (a commonly used protocol to operate, maintain and control multiple projectors from a centralized workstation) and Crestron, another commonly used interface. The projector has numerous inputs and outputs to deliver more flexibility when connecting your projector to sound systems, monitors and even other PCs. VGA in and out, HDMI, Component, S-Video and composite video are all options - there's even USB, LAN and RS232 connectors.
With a 10W internal mono speaker and RCA inputs for external sound systems, the projector can be heard in small rooms or broadcast through an auditorium with optional audio equipment. The low noise (36dBA in normal mode) ensures that the projector won't interrupt important lectures in the classroom.
- Eco Blank Mode
- The Eco Blank mode allows teachers to blank the projection screen whenever they need to direct their students' focus back on them - or simply when the projector is not in use. When activated, this special feature dims the lamp power automatically, lowering the total power consumption by up to 70%.
- SmartEco Mode
- The SmartEco Mode adjusts the lamp power and maximizes power-saving. It delivers the best contrast and brightness performance using only as much light as needed.
- No Source Detected Mode
- The projector automatically switches to Eco Blank Mode after the projector is on for over three minutes without a display source, eliminating unnecessary energy waste and prolonging the life of the projector lamp.
- Long Lamp Life at up to 6,500 hours
- Enjoy a lamp life performance of up to 6500 hours in SmartEco mode. This lowers the number of lamp changes and keeps all maintenance to a minimum. Lamp life results will vary depending on environmental conditions and usage
- LAN Control with Crestron and PJ-Link
- LAN Control is designed to help IT managers perform day-to-day projector maintenance and repair tasks efficiently and effectively - offering them full access and control over every projector directly from their workstations. The MW817ST offers seamless support for the Crestron and PJ-Link LAN Control system.