The TC Electronic BH250 Bass Head is a 250 Watt bass amplifier designed with a variety of tonal options and downloadable effects via TC Electronic's TonePrint program. Using the included USB cable, you can download and install a variety of effects tailored for the BH250 not only by TC Electronic but from a list of professional bassists. The TonePrint control on the front panel works as a blend knob, increasing or decreasing the amount of the given installed effect. The BH250's tone controls allow it to cut and boost at different frequencies on each of its bass, middle, and treble control knobs.
The BH250 provides a few different output options, including a balanced XLR for going direct to a PA system or recording console as well as a Speakon output for powering a speaker cabinet. The 1/8" headphone jack allows you to play without having to use a speaker cabinet or PA. Its lightweight, 4 lb body and built in 4, 5, and 6 string bass tuner were designed with portability in mind for the gigging musician.
- Downloadable TonePrint effects include chorus, flanger, vibrato, sub'n' up, octaver, SpectraComp, bass drive or custom patched from bassists Nathan East (Eric Clapton, Fourplay, Toto), Charles Cave (White Lies), Michael Shuman (Queens of the Stoneage), Gail Ann Dorsey (Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie, Seal), Mark King (Level 42), Roscoe Beck (Leonard Cohen, Robben Ford) and others
- Intelligently Contoured Tone Controls allow you to cut and boost at different frequencies, tailored specifically for bass, such as bass cut: 80Hz, bass boost: 100Hz, mid cut: 500Hz, mid boost: 800Hz, treble cut: 1800Hz, treble boost: 3150Hz
- Active or passive pick up switch customizes the input to your bass
- 1/8" auxiliary input allows you to use a consumer playback device as a source for rehearsing
- MUTE button allows for silent tuning