The Steadicam Pilot HD/SDI Camera Stabilization Starter System with IDX V-Mount Batt is assembled for the operator who doesn't have incidental items such as C-stand, batteries, or chargers. The starter kit provides all the components that you need to start operating except for a camera and HD/SDI cables. The Pilot HD/SDI is a camera stabilizer system for cameras weighing between 2 and 9 pounds and includes an SD/HD-SDI monitor.
The system features a support vest, iso-elastic arm, and camera sled that supports and isolates the camera from vibration, allowing the camera to float and travel almost anywhere a person can go. With study and practice, operators can float cameras up and down steps, across streets, and in and out of elevators, and make on the fly adjustments, while keeping the shot smooth and fluid.
Balancing your camera system is critical to smooth floating shots. The Pilot system provides tool-free adjustment points that allow you to adjust the balance of the rig for each shot, increasing productivity and ease of working with the gear. A low-mode bracket allows you to get the camera lower than normal, and two, supplied, IDX, Li-Ion, V-Mount batteries and charger power the system. The included docking bracket, Steadistand, and sand bag allow you to rest the sled in between set-ups. The vest, arm, and sled pack neatly into the included backpack.
- This starter kit features all the components needed in a production package, including the main components of the Steadicam system, as well as support components such as Steadistand, sand bag, tool kit bag, and low-mode bracket.
Low Profile Vest
- Provides support for the camera system, helping to prevent fatigue by transferring the weight of the camera to the operators hips. The vest is padded to provide comfort and adjustments can be made without tools and on the fly.
- Features a 28" boom range and a no-tools design that can be adjusted with the camera and sled still attached, allowing the operator to quickly make adjustments on a take by take basis. Without having to un-mount the sled to make adjustments and then re-mount it to check the adjustment, just to repeat the process until you are satisfied, adjustments are finished quicker and become less tiring. This lowers down time and maximizes shooting time.
- At the heart of the stabilizer system is a true 3-axis gimbal for smooth movement up/down, panning and rotation. The 7" monitor is adjustable for viewing and balance. The camera stage features a micro adjustable X-Y stage for fine tuning your balance, while the included counterweights help the Steadicam operator balance the weight of the camera on the rig.
Carbon Fiber Post
- The height of the lightweight carbon fiber post is adjustable, and the position of the gimbal, monitor and battery mount are also adjustable, This provides you with a wide variety of options in balancing your Steadicam rig, allowing you to tweak it to be just right.
- Battery Power
This system includes two E-7s Endura Lithium-Ion batteries and a two-channel, sequential, fast charger.
- The batteries feature the v-mount connection system with a 14.8 volt, 68Wh rating.
- The charger features auto-sensing of line power and works with 100 to 240 Volts AC
- The charger will recharge two Li-Ion batteries in 5 hours