The N7700PRO v2 7-Bay NAS Server from Thecus is a desktop NAS server with a dual Gigabit Ethernet interface. Supporting the installation of up to 7x 3.5" SAS hard disks, the enclosure supports a multitude of RAID levels, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD.
Powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of DDR2 SDRAM for superior performance, the N7700PRO v2 can handle multiple RAID volumes, RAID expansion, online RAID migration, and auto-rebuild for data security. You can even format to different file systems, like XT3, EXT4, and XFS.
The N7700PRO v2 has integrated multimedia capabilities as well, including support for an iTunes server, and a built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control. It also allows uPnP AV streaming via a Twonkymedia module for unlimited access to bit torrents and Internet files. There is also an open PCIe x8 slot for the installation of a 10Gbe card, which would improve speed throughput up to 300MBps.
The N7700PRO v2 now has network protocol support for IPV6, as well as the standard TCP/IP,CIFS/SMB, AFP, NFS v4, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, FTP-SSL/TLS, DHCP Server, DHCP Client, and SNMP protocols. It also features higher read/write speeds and multiple client performance speeds than its predecessor.
The N7700PRO v2 is a reliable and efficient NAS server with flexible options for future expansion. Content curators, data managers, and server administrators may find the N7700PRO v2 is just what they're looking for.
- 10GbE Ready
- This Thecus NAS is 10Gb Ethernet ready to satisfy the high-speed needs of today and tomorrow. Data centers often need a level of speed that today's average Internet usage cannot provide.
- Acronis True Image
- Thecus brings the Acronis's Advanced Backup software to the table. Back up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis uses a professional interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
- Multiple RAID
- When it comes to data management, Thecus NAS lets you have it your way. Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, and XFS, gives Thecus NAS the flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes for flexibility and efficiency.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Get the most out of your storage space with the extreme speed of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available with thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- Reach your data from anywhere with ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard. You can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
- Backing up your data is a given, and everyone has specific needs when it comes to storage. Thecus's Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
- User Quotas
- Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
- PCI-e slot
- Through the built in PCI-e slot, business users can add a 10G Ethernet Adaptor for lighting fast transfer speeds.