The Beyerdynamic Headzone Pro XT Surround Sound Headphone Monitoring System is a rack-mountable headphone amplifier that uses digital signal processing to make the headphone mix sound like listening to reference loudspeakers in a professional control room. The unit's software allows you to precisely simulate adjustments such as speaker angle, listening distance, room size, and ambience characteristics. To achieve this, the DSP adjusts parameters such as room geometry, reflection patterns, ratio of diffuse to direct sound, reverberation, run time, and volume level differences to each ear. These adjustments can be saved to the hardware unit for use with a computer over FireWire connection or in standalone operation with analog input sources such as the analog audio output of a DVD player.
By saving your listening settings, you are then able to mix in the same virtual control room regardless of your actual physical location. You can also check your mix to hear what it will sound like in different virtual environments, such as a concert hall, living room, or car simply by changing the acoustic characteristics of the virtual space.
By purchasing Beyerdynamic's optional HR 2 ultrasonic receiver and a pair of the DT 770 Pro HT or DT 880 Pro HT ultrasonic transmitting headphones, the system can also track the movements and position of your head relative to the position of the virtual loudspeakers. This makes it sound as though you are mixing in a real physical room with the loudspeakers placed in a fixed position.
- Bypass Processing
- Activate the bypass setting when you want the unit to function as a regular headphone amplifier
- The output signal of the headphones may be limited to a maximum sound pressure level to protect your hearing. The limiter also features password protection to prevent the limiter from being changed or removed without the correct password
EarPatron Hearing Protection Software
- Headphone-Adapt Technology
- Enter the technical specifications of the pair of headphones you are using, and the "Headphone-Adapt" technology will adjust the amplifier output for optimized sound pressure levels
- Noise Fuel Gauge
- Calculate and manage the total amount of noise exposure for a given listening period based on the amount of time spent listening at different sound pressure levels. When the Noise Fuel Gauge reaches 100%, it indicates that you are exceeding the healthy limit of noise exposure