The Composer Pro PL Special Effects Cinema Lens with Sweet 35 Optic from Lensbaby is an all metal selective focus PL mount cinema lens. With its unique ball and socket design it provides smooth focus and tilt/swivel capability for professional motion picture cameras. It can tilt from 0 to 17.5º. The Optic Swap System of the Lensbaby lenses allows for interchangeable optics, such as the Sweet 35, Double Glass Optic and Edge 80 Optic, to be placed in the Composer Pro PL and used with their particular effect and focal length.
The Composer Pro PL comes supplied with the "Sweet 35" 35mm optic. As a selective focus lens, it brings one area of your image into sharp focus surrounded by a gradually increasing blur. Effects like blurring, glowing highlights, and prismatic color distortions can all be achieved without software manipulations. The lens can be bent off-center in any direction for unique results. The Sweet 35 optic has a 12 blade adjustable internal aperture which offers precise control over the size of your in-focus "sweet spot". The minimum focus distance of the Sweet 35 is 7.5" (19 cm), it is the widest focal length of the selective focus Lensbaby optics.
The Composer Pro PL with the Sweet 35 Optic is a manual focus lens and provides no electronic communication between lens and camera.
- Unique metal, ball and socket tilt/swivel design provides smooth selective focus lens control. Pre-installed 35mm optic with f/2.5-22 aperture range offers a "sweet spot" in-focus size range from 15% to 40% of total image area on APS-C sensor
- The Composer Pro PL is compatible with the Lensbaby's Optic Swap System and works with any one of a number of Lensbaby optics, including Edge 80 Optic, Double Glass Optic and Single Glass Optic
- No electronic communication is possible between the camera and the lens. All operation is strictly manual.
- The Sweet 35 optic has a 12 blade internal aperture, controlled by a dial on the front of the optic
- The Sweet 35 optic is comprised of 4 multi-coated lens elements in 3 groups
- The manual focus design of the Composer Pro PL requires more rotation to move the optic as you approach infinity. This makes it easier to focus on objects at intermediate and distant depths than with regular manual focus lenses