The Philips DVP3680/F7 DVD Player is a progressive scan DVD player that features HDMI 1080p upscaling, USB connectivity, and HDMI output. It also features MP3, Divx, JPEG and AVI playback.
The unit also features a ProReader drive, which error-corrects worn or slightly damaged discs on-the-fly for smooth playback. It also converts weak analog signals into sturdier digital signals, extracting information from the disc to iron out any trouble spots.
The DVP3680 also features Philip's CinemaPlus technology, which further brightens and clarifies your picture with a pixel-by-pixel adjustment using intelligent algorithm technology. In addition, the DVP3680 also includes a HDMI CEC enabled remote that allows you to control all CEC connected devices with one remote.
- Progressive Scan
- Progressive Scan doubles the vertical resolution of the image resulting in a noticeably sharper picture. Instead of sending a field comprising the odd lines to the screen first, followed by the field with the even lines, both fields are written at one time. A full image is created instantaneously, using the maximum resolution. At such a speed, your eye perceives a sharper picture with no line structure.
- ProReader Drive
- ProReader Drive lets you enjoy your movies and videos even when old discs get smudgy or scratched. ProReader allows you to play through from start to end - without any sign that discs have been damaged. ProReader Drive converts weak analog signals into digital ones, extracting information that allows less-than-perfect discs to play smoothly.
- USB Media Link
- The Universal Serial Bus or USB is a protocol standard that is conveniently used to link PCs, peripherals and consumer electronic equipment. With USB Media Link, all you have to do is plug in your USB device, select the movie, music or photo and play away.
- CinemaPlus is an algorithm that goes right down to each pixel in each frame, analyzing it before optimizing sharpness and color stability. You see more details, pictures become clearer and everything has a more natural look.
- EasyLink lets you control multiple devices with one remote. It uses HDMI CEC industry-standard protocol to share functionality between devices through the HDMI cable. With one touch of a button, you can operate all your connected HDMI CEC enabled equipment simultaneously. Functions like standby and play can now be carried out more easily.
- HDMI 1080p Upscaling
- HDMI 1080p upscaling delivers images that are crystal clear. Movies in standard definition can now be enjoyed in true high definition resolution - ensuring more details and more true-to-life pictures. Progressive Scan (represented by "p" in "1080p') eliminates the line structure prevalent on TV screens, again ensuring relentlessly sharp images. HDMI makes a direct digital connection that can carry uncompressed digital HD video as well as digital multichannel audio, without conversions to analog - delivering picture and sound quality completely free of noise.