The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Black Satin 1/2 Filter helps to reduce the overall contrast of an image and better control the highlights within a scene. In addition to rendering highlights with a grittier, more grainy appearance, this filter also helps to subtly soften facial blemishes and wrinkles for a natural, refined look. The 1/2 density provides less contrast and highlight reduction than the 1, while still producing a soft, yet natural appearance.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5mm.
- Offers greater control over highlights, reduces overall contrast, and produces a grittier, grainier appearance in highlight regions.
- Smoothes facial blemishes, wrinkles, and other textures for a natural look.
- Maintains clear focus and realizes a more filmic look than purely digital capture can otherwise record.
- Ideally suited for use with modern lenses and digital image sensors.
- Water White optical glass maintains high optical clarity.