The Canon 6.5-180mm DIGISUPER 27 Auto-Focus HD Studio Lens delivers good performance and is suitable for HD studio production applications. This lens offers a field of view from 3.1 to 72.9°, a focal length (zoom ratio) of 6.5-180mm, and features multi-layer optical coatings that reduce ghosting and flaring.
Featuring the Through-the-Lens Secondary Image Registration Phase Detection Method technology, the lens is optimized for studio use. This 27AF studio lens assists camera operators in obtaining sharp focus on a chosen scene subject.
- Servo-zoom speed of 0.5 sec
- Optional BWA-271 0.9x wide attachment enables users to begin with a wide shot and go telephoto without compromising on light transmission and alters the range of the zoom on wide settings by 10% towards the wide side, making a new zoom range of 5.8 to 162mm
- Optional remote-controllable macro-focus feature allows the camera operator to perform macro focusing from the pan bar (a helpful tool for focusing on jewelry and other small objects)
- Auto Focus capabilities based on a proprietary HD implementation of Through-the-Lens Secondary Image Registration Phase Detection Method technology
- Optimized for studio use
- Ensures sharp focus on a chosen scene subject