The black 8x42 Echo Open-Frame Binocular from Brunton is a general purpose optic equipped for almost any close to mid-range glassing tasks. This Echo series binocular features a nitrogen-filled housing and open-bridge design that offers weather-resistant performance while reducing excess weight and improving overall balance in the observer's hands.
Slip-resistant rubber armoring and raised gripping ridges on the focus wheel and diopter adjustment ring make the Echo binocular easy to handle while wearing gloves or when conditions get wet. Twist-up eyecups and a 16mm eye relief allow the binocular to create a comfortable viewing distance even for eyeglass wearers.
Complementing the weather-sealed housing and handing features of the Echo binocular is a fully multicoated optical path with BAK4 prisms that render bright images with enhanced clarity. A 52° apparent viewing angle and 8 ft minimum focus distance make this 8x binocular well-suited for birders and nature enthusiasts of all kinds.
- Optical Performance
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective lenses: 42mm diameter
- Apparent viewing angle: 52° wide angle
- BAK4 prism glass with AL-HR highly reflective prism coating
- Lens system coated with multiple layers of Flat-Light anti-reflective coating
- 8 ft close focusing distance
- 16mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- Open-bridge reduces bulk and balances weight for ergonomic handling
- Twist-up eyecups with multiple click-stop settings
- Raised grip on focus wheel and diopter ring
- 1/4"-20 threaded tripod adapter mount
- Construction Details
- Nitrogen-filled for fogproof and waterproof performance
- Polymer composite housing, non-slip rubber armor and black finish
- Weight: 23 oz