The Velocity Solo x1 SSD Upgrade Kit for Desktop PCs & Mac Pro from Apricorn is an industry standard PCIe 2.0 card designed to add a 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD) to your desktop PC or Mac Pro via a super fast SATA III connection. With data transfer rates of 6 Gbps, SATA III is twice as fast as SATA II and takes full advantage of the latest SSD. Using an Asmedia 1061 controller chip, the Velocity Solo x1 is bootable in both PC and Mac systems. It uses a single PCIe 2.0 x1 slot delivering read and write speeds of up to 400* MBps when used with one SSD. Moreover, the Velocity Solo is backwards compatible with a PCIe 1.0 slot and supports SATA II and SATA I SSDs. It is TRIM compatible and if the operating system supports TRIM, it can access drive capacities in excess of 2.2 TB.
The Velocity Solo x1 also provides an additional auxiliary SATA III data connection port that can be used to connect to another SSD or HDD to provide unparalleled capacity and performance. It is ideal for use as a boot disk or scratch disk and useful for high resolution image editing, video editing and gaming. The Velocity Solo is easy to install, especially since it is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac Pro. Once installed, it transfers your OS and applications from your desktop hard drive to your new SSD using Apricorn's EZ Gig cloning software with Data Select for PC systems, or Apple's built-in Disk Utility for the Mac Pro.
Note! *Actual data speeds are dependent on individual system and SSD performance.
- Ideal for High Performance
- Running your OS and applications on an SSD provides a measureable performance increase. However, Velocity Solo is also the perfect upgrade for improving gaming performance. As games become too large for their assets to be fully cached on modern graphics cards and main memory, adding an SSD for faster disk access during game play results in less in-game pauses and gives a smoother playing experience. Games can also be loaded and saved quickly when using an SSD.
- Easy Installation
- The Velocity Solo x1 enables you to connect 2.5" SSD via SATA III interface (6 Gbps). It uses a single PCIe 2.0 x1 slot delivering data transfer speeds up to 400* MBps when used with one SSD. Simply connect your SSD to the Velocity Solo SATA III connector and slide into an available PCIe 2.0 x1 slot in your desktop PC. Once installed, download and run Apricorn's EZ Gig cloning software and your upgrade is complete. For additional capacity, use the auxiliary SATA III connector for a superfast connection to an additional hard drive or solid state drive. Moreover, the Velocity Solo is backwards compatible with a PCIe 1.0 slot and also with SATA II and SATA I SSDs.
- Apricorn's EZ Gig Cloning Software with Data Select / Apple's Disk Utility
- The Velocity Solo is bundled with Apricorn's EZ Gig Cloning software or Windows with Data Select. Data Select provides a simple method to deselect data folders from the cloning process which is useful when migrating from a large HDD to a smaller SSD and perfect for creating a boot disk. This gives you the option to run your OS and applications from a fast, smaller SSD boot drive, while keeping your documents and media files on your original hard drive. For Mac Pro, use Apple's built-in Disk Utility.
- Compatible with TRIM Command
- The Velocity Solo x1 is TRIM compatible and if the operating system supports TRIM, it can access drive capacities in excess of 2.2 TB.
- Target Applications:
- Boot disk Scratch disks for design applications High resolution image editing and manipulation Photo editing and retouching Video editing and post-processing Gaming
- Windows and Mac Compatible
- The Velocity Solo x1 is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 or later version.