Create compelling videos using the Sony Movie Studio 11 Video Editing Software. The digital video editing tools in this software add professional style and energy with transitions, titles, and special effects including slow motion and green screen. You can easily format movies for online sharing sites like Facebook and post directly to YouTube from inside the application.
The Movie Studio software makes video editing easy and fun. With drag-and-drop functionality, it's easier than ever to add photos and videos to the timeline and begin editing. You can even drag files across the timeline to rearrange them exactly how you want. Experience the freedom to experiment with video editing, without hassle or worrying about making mistakes. Using the Movie Studio software, you can add special effects, transitions, titles, and music; zoom, rotate, and pan across photos to animate still images in your movies; commemorate special events such as weddings and anniversaries; and create exciting, professional-looking business presentations.
Movie Studio has everything you need to produce movies in stunning high definition. Editing HD is simple and, better yet, the high-performance video engine is beyond fast: you can see your changes happen in real time. Additionally, you can even work simultaneously with standard-definition and high-definition videos in the same project. When you're finished, export your movie in a variety of HD formats for easy sharing. You can also create superb soundtracks with studio-quality tools. Import your own music directly from CDs or easily place MP3s on the timeline.
The dialog boxes make it easier for users of any skill level to create new projects and export completed projects. The New Project Wizard provides an efficient way to ensure that projects are set up correctly. The Make Movie Wizard eliminates guesswork for delivery and provides optimized final files with just a few simple clicks. Finally, the Render As dialog option makes selecting a destination file format a snap. You can mark your favorite file formats for later use or match the render setting with your movie's Project Properties.
Built on the award-winning Vegas Pro software technology used in motion picture and recording studios worldwide, the Movie Studio software allows for superior performance. It offers simple drag-and-drop editing and basic commands such as cut, copy, and paste to create professional-looking movies. You can personalize your videos with text animations, scrolling credits, and more. You can also adjust your videos to play in slow or fast motion, or reverse the video, as well as apply advanced effects like green screen and picture-in-picture.
Transitions and text tools enable you to access hundreds of built-in dissolves and wipes to stylishly transition from one scene to another, or use the new Titles & Text plug-in to liven up text events.
Easily restore dull, washed-out footage, apply brightness and contrast, stabilize shaky video, balance colors, and remove red-eye from photos using the sophisticated image-restoration and color-correction tools offered by the Movie Studio. The Transport Controls in the Trimmer and Video Preview windows give you the freedom to edit videos as per your style.
This software includes over 500 customizable transitions, filters, and effects to add a professional look to your movies. All of the video effects can be adjusted over time, meaning you can select the specific video frames where an effect begins and ends. You can even adjust the level of effect for every frame in between. To see how your effects and transitions look in action, Movie Studio lets you preview effects and transitions in real time and in full resolution on your computer monitor or on a secondary monitor.
You can quickly transfer digital photos and videos from a variety of digital devices including DV, HDV, and AVCHD cameras. The Movie Studio software efficiently organizes everything so you can search, sort, and view your media.
Movie Studio includes powerful audio tools that enable you to create movies that sound as good as they look. You can use the software to create custom music soundtracks, remove unwanted noise from video footage, apply effects to a single audio event, use track envelopes to control audio volume and panning, record and edit live audio, and do much more. You can use your favorite song to create a soundtrack for your movie. Simply import music from CDs or MP3 audio files directly into the program and then drop them on the timeline. With the Audio Restoration plug-in, you can remove clicks, pops, and other unwanted noise from your music and audio clips to ensure a high-fidelity soundtrack for your video project. This software also offers ACID loop support for easy video scoring and audio mixing. It includes Sony Sound Series Loops & Samples support. Sony Sound Series features royalty-free music and sound samples that contain special metadata, which allows them to automatically match the existing project tempo and key. The Sound Series: Loops & Samples collection harbors a vast array of music and sound in a variety of styles and genres.
Record your own audio such as voiceovers, music, and narration to be included in your project. Movie Studio provides 10 audio tracks, any of which can be used to record. You can also create different versions of your recording that you can later choose from to include in your project.
- Improved New Project and Make Movie wizards
- Streamlined Render As dialog
- Additional video and audio tracks
- Transport controls for Trimmer and Video Preview windows
- Dark gray color scheme
- Native HDV and AVCHD file support
- Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline
- Display of media marker names in events
- Snapping color-coded visual snap indicator and the ability to snap to event edges on other tracks
- Multitrack video and audio editing
- Easy drag-and-drop functionality
- Show Me How interactive tutorials
- Real-time editing of parameters during playback
- Support for any aspect ratio (4:3, 16:9, etc.)
- Supports multiple file formats and frame rates
- High-definition editing and output
- Simple drag-and-drop operations
- Explorer view
- Project media bins
- Over 500 video effects and transitions
- Track markers and regions
- Unlimited undo/redo
Export and Hardware Features
- Integrated upload to YouTube
- Sony AVC/MPEG-4 encoder
- MainConcept AVC/AAC, read/write (Templates only) iPod format
- PSP (PlayStationPortable) integration
- Sony AVC/AAC (templates only)
- Export video projects in multiple formats for the web
- Image Stabilization
- Titles & text plug-in
- Automatic White Balance tool
- Support for Open FX plug-ins
- Full-screen preview to a primary and secondary Windows display
- Real-time playback of effects, processes, and transitions to external monitor
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 support
- Superior frame rate conversions
- Credit rolls and text animation
- External monitor preview
- Ripple editing across tracks
- Audio event effects
- Gracenote MusicID CD album recognition
- Multithreaded audio engine maximizes performance
- Support for multi-channel (5.1) source files for Sony HDV Handycam camcorders
- 16-bit, 44.1 kHz song quality for good performance
- Volume and pan envelopes
- Audio time stretching
- Event normalization
- CD audio extraction
- Audio/video synchronization detect and repair
- DirectX audio plug-in support
- VST audio effect support
- ASIO drive support
- Tape-style audio scrubbing
- Audio restoration tools
- Track-level audio FX and envelopes
Capture and Import
- Support for 24p, 50p, and 60p files
- Improved QuickTime AVC decoding for DSLR cameras
- Import support for LPEC files
- Import support for MJPEG-encoded files
- Sony AVCHD import and edit support
- Import support for ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus, and ATRAC Advanced Lossless files
- Gracenote MusicID CD album recognition
- Import media from Sony DVD Handycam camcorders
- Batch capture and automatic DV scene detection
- PC connection via FireWire or IEEE-1394 devices
- Import pictures in BMP, GIF, JPG, and PSD formats
- Import AVI, DV, SWF, and MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 files
- Import audio files in WAV, MP3, AIF, CD Audio, and PCA formats
Transitions and Effects
- More than 200 customizable 2D and 3D transitions
- Over 300 customizable video special effects
- Add text animation, titles, and scrolling credits
- Red-eye removal tool
- "Green screen" chroma key effects
- Pan and crop tool to animate still images
- Video and audio time stretching