The Sony SpectraLayers Pro Advanced Audio Spectrum Editor Software (Academic Version) is an advanced audio editing platform that features good sound shaping capabilities combined with an innovative workflow. This software allows you to explore audio data on a multidimensional spectral display and unmix audio files into discrete component layers using a variety of smart editing tools. It processes extracted layers individually in a number of ways. SpectraLayers Pro is an essential application for engineers, sound designers, audio-for-video editors, archivists, and professionals who demand deep audio analysis tools. SpectraLayers Pro brings today's advanced editing tools to an approachable platform available for both Mac and PCs.
- Smart Editing Tools
The 3 Extraction tools in SpectraLayers Pro predict or intuit what your desired selection should be. They seek and highlight target audio material for extraction. The act of selection can be accomplished by simply clicking the left mouse button and/or drawing in the spectral display.
- Extract Frequency – This tool allows you to extract audio into layers by selecting a frequency range.
- Extract Harmonics - This tool explores all directions in a user-defined area, highlighting targeted sounds along with their associated overtones; 1 click will transfer an entire selection to a new layer.
- Extract Area - This tool is poised to transfer a large portion of audio content cleanly into the highlighted layer. In addition, the tool can be programmed for a 5,000 Hz range and a 4-second time span with 100% hardness for a sharp edge.
- Layer-to-Layer Copy / Paste
- SpectraLayers Pro displays frequency on the vertical axis, allowing you to make bandwidth-limited selections for audition and extraction to new layers via copy and paste.
- Time and Pitch Manipulation - Sound can be freely transposed in SpectraLayers Pro by using the Select, Move, and Scale tools.
- View, Modify, and Draw Tools
- With the 3D Displace Tool, you can explore audio data on a multidimensional spectral display to reveal time and frequency events in astonishing detail.
- Modify Tools: Amplify, Clone, and Erase - The Amplify, Clone, and Erase tools in SpectraLayers Pro can be used to edit audio on any layer at any time. You can access these options at any stage in the editing process to assist with critical repair and restore operations, creative sound design work, and fun experimentation. Tool behaviors can be modified in useful and interesting ways. You can design your own tool tips using the controls located above the spectral display.
- Draw Tools: Frequency and Noise - Frequencies and noise can be drawn directly into the Spectral Display in SpectraLayers Pro.
- 3-Step Audio Extraction
- Removing precisely targeted audio from a sound file with the highlight, extract, and invert method, is easy in SpectraLayers Pro.
- Noise Reduction
- SpectraLayers Pro invites you to open an audio file, extract the elements you need, and leave the rest behind. In addition, noiseprint-based noise reduction using artistic noiseprints is also available.