The SurfEasy Plug-In Privacy USB Key is a USB key in a credit-card size container that features fast encryption, password protected private web browsing, and password storage. It is portable and simple - you plug the USB key into an available PC port and connect to the Inyternet through a Mozilla-based private browser maintained by the SurfEasy network.
The key works with any Windows desktop or notebook computer using Windows 7, Vista or XP, and any Mac desktop or notebook computer using Mac OS X v10.6 or later. It also requires a USB port with read/write permissions and an Internet connection to successfully launch. The device uses SSL (secure socket layer encryption) and promises "bank-grade" security.
The SurfEasy network creates an encrypted tunnel through any network, and protects data (even on unsecured networks) by making your web session "invisible". Internet service providers will only see an encrypted data connection and the amount of traffic. Since the information is not parsed back through your ISP, all browsing history, downloads and passwords are kept stored on the key. Your data arrives encrypted to the SurfEasy network, and is then passed back to you.
- Fast Encryption
- SurfEasy's Private Proxy Network is designed not just to be secure, but also fast. We manage our network 24/7 to ensure your browsing is as fast (and sometimes faster) than unencrypted browsing.
- Password Protection
- Your SurfEasy Key is password protected to keep your personal information private. If you lose your SurfEasy Key, no one will have access to your personal information without the password.
- Easy Launch
- Using SurfEasy is as simple as plugging in a USB key. Insert SurfEasy into a compatible PC or Mac and SurfEasy will automatically launch. With your account setup all you need to do is enter your password and start browsing.
- Private Local Search
- Local search results normally use your IP address to determine your location. SurfEasy never reveals your IP address to the websites you visit, so for search we'll tell Google the city you're in so you get local results without giving up your identity. You can always turn this off or customize the settings.
- Configuration Free
- No complex proxy or network settings to configure. Even inside networks that normally require special configurations, SurfEasy is designed to figure it out on its own. Simply plug in and browse.
- One Password to Remember
- The SurfEasy Browser can remember all of your usernames and passwords, so all you have to remember is one password for your SurfEasy Key.
- Free Updates
- SurfEasy releases regular updates to support the latest browser features and security enhancements. The updates and the encrypted bandwidth for downloading them are always free.