The Canon 8.6-820mm DIGISUPER 95 XJ95X8.6B Super-Telephoto Full Manual Lens incorporates advanced lens technology for reproducing detailed images. A combination of a wide focal length of 8.6mm and a 95x zoom range helps in capturing far-off objects accurately and clearly.
Along with greater imaging capability, this lens also offers good optical performance and image stabilization. This lens also provides high-quality picture sharpness across the 16:9 HD image plane.
The aspherical lens technology and exotic glass materials help overcome lateral chromatic aberration, monochromatic aberrations, and geometric distortion. Canon's Advanced Stabilization System has an improved optical shift-type stabilizer that incorporates a sensor inside the lens for detecting vibrations. Compensating optics are then engaged at a high speed to cancel out any effect on the image.
This lens also features CAFS (Constant Angle Focusing System) to counteract breathing, a phenomenon that occurs while focusing or changing the picture size / angle of view. Via a 32-bit CPU, the zoom is calculated and controlled to give an almost zero zooming effect of focus.
This Super-Telephoto lens provides good tracking capability and pan and tilt functionality. With a 20-pin lens interface, it works effortlessly with a wide range of virtual systems.
- From Wide Angle to Telephoto
- Offers a wide range of imaging possibilities with its 95x zoom ratio and 8.6mm focal length
- With extensive image-framing latitude, the lens can dramatically capture almost all possible on-site sensations, from the emotion of an entire crowded stadium to the facial expression of an individual player
- Optical Performance
- Provides a wider angle of view, a higher zoom ratio, and unparalleled overall optical performance
- Canon's proprietary large-diameter aspherical lens technology and exotic new glass materials effectively minimizes lateral chromatic aberration, monochromatic aberrations, and geometric distortion
- Significant reduction of these aberrations further enhance the resolution and contrast in a manner that contributes to the capture of images having superb picture sharpness across the 16:9 HD image plane
- CAFS (Constant Angle Focusing System)
- 32-bit CPU calculates and controls the zoom when focusing to counteract breathing (phenomena where picture size/ angle of view changes when focusing) and has almost zero zoom effect
- Advanced Image Stabilization System
- Minimizes image blurring at long focal lengths caused by the wind or slight vibrations transmitted through the stadium stand or tower
- On detection of vibration, the compensating optics is shifted at high-speed to instantly deflect the light rays in a direction that cancels out the vibration's effect on the image
- Optical Tracking Capability
- High-resolution encoders to reproduce the camera operator's intended movements, whether a slow zoom or a preset sequence
- Support for Many Virtual Systems
- Equipped with high-performance zoom, focus, and iris encoders
- Multiple supports for encoder outputs, analog outputs, and serial outputs, it can work with many kinds of virtual systems
- Easily adapts to existing virtual systems because it comes standard equipped with 20-pin lens interface