The Canon 9-540mm XJ60x9BIE-D / LO DIGISUPER 60x Field Lens is a cost-effective lens that can be used for long focal length applications in the field, in large studios, and at special venues.
This lens is specifically suited for both HDTV and SDTV live television production applications. It is suitable for use by mobile truck operators and broadcasters whose foremost priority is good telephoto flexibility to achieve high-definition sports and entertainment event coverage while operating within constricted production budgets. The lens can also be used for telephoto shooting in large studios, government organizations (homeland security), and many institutional sectors.
The optimized optical design successfully maintains a high MTF profile over the entire image plane when implementing the long 60:1 focal length change. Parallel optimization minimizes chromatic aberrations over this focal range.
The image contrast is enhanced by controlling black reproduction to substantially reduce flare, veiling glare, and internal reflections. Minimization of ghost images and other highlight-related chromatic distortions caused by strong light sources on-axis and off-axis further extend the operational contrast range of the lens. The resulting contrast range helps the lens capture sharper images.
- Optical Technologies
Newly developed materials (including the high index ultra low dispersion material) combined with the very latest in element design innovations and multilayer coatings produce an unsurpassed pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team. The HDxs logo identifies the deployment of all of these technologies in the lens.
- Power Optics: Speaks to the combination of specialized materials, contemporary optical design, and multilayer coatings that produce the superb imagery
- Internal Focus: Uses a floating optical system to control chromatic aberrations
- Crossover Technology Option for switchable operation between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio imagery
- 4-Position Turret: A switchable system controlled from the associated camera that can switch in the optical extender system or the aspect ratio converter (an additional position allows for future new possibilities)
- Image Stabilization Technology
- A built-in Optical Shift Image Stabilizer (identified by Shift-IS) system that effectively removes image stabilities especially at the telephoto extremes of the lens. This is a second generation system that embodies new refinements including separate horizontal and vertical control with high / low sensitivity settings
- X-Element & Power Optical System
- Power Optical System uses for eliminating aberrations and achieving high quality images
- Internal Focusing System
- The lens features realization of wide-angle with reduced distortion. It minimizes variation of chromatic aberration while focusing and of the centre of gravity through focus movement. Anti-Dust, Anti-Fog, thanks to a perfectly airtight Internal Focusing System
- Constant Angle Focusing System (CAFS)
- 32-bit CPU calculates and controls the zoom when focusing to counteract breathing (phenomena where picture size/ angle of view changes when focusing) and has almost zero zoom effect. The lens supports 10-bit iris compatibility and has high resolution zoom and focus servo 13-bit repeatability
- Versatile Zoom/Focus Controllers
- Protects against dust, rain, and radio interference
- Digital Technologies
- A second-generation precision digital servo system using Canon-developed 16-bit optical rotary encoder devices ensures high precision and repeatability of the Zoom and Focus settings. Encoders report to the 32-bit CPU which, in turn, calculates during the focusing actuation to tightly control a synchronized zoom counter action that eliminates focus breathing (undesired change of angle of view that can accompany focus changes). This Constant Angle Focusing System is identified by the CAFS logo. 16-bit optical rotary encoder for aperture control reports to the associated camera Iris control system (10-bit compatibility). 16-bit encoders are available for digital interface to Robotic and Virtual studio systems. It facilitates a wide range of customized control characteristics and automatic recall of precision control settings when used in conjunction with Canon digital controllers for zoom and focus
- Mechanical Technologies
- Effective elimination of center of gravity variations with focus movement (using Canon's advanced 3 group Internal Focusing system) further empowers the creativity of the camera operator. Its carefully sealed optics offers protection against dust, smoke, and other air-contaminants. The innovative electrical sealing techniques offer protection against radio interference
- Ecological Design
- All contemporary Canon lenses avoid the use of materials and substances potentially harmful to the environment. Lead has been removed from all optics and other identified substances from all components comprising the composite lens system. It also provides protection against radio frequency noise