The Canon 5-100mm KT20x5B KRSD PS12 Portable ENG Lens exhibits high MTF and ensures high-resolution and high-contrast from the center of the image to its extreme edges, meanwhile maintaining its compact size and weight. It minimizes of chromatic aberrations and maximizes image contrast. It is suitable for use with the Panasonic AG-HPX300 camcorder.
This multipurpose HD lens offers a focal length of up to 100mm while maintaining a horizontal wide angle of 52°. In addition, combined with a high-sensitivity (F1.4) maximum aperture, this lens can be utilized in a broad range of shooting situations. It is designed in response to low-cost HD POV demands of broadcasters and HD producers for special-application acquisition systems. It also facilitates the corporate, business, and industrial sectors to painlessly transition from SD to HD.
The relative light distribution is optimized for more open aperture settings and this uniformity of brightness across the image plane combined with the high contrast and high picture sharpness produces vividly clear HD images. The contrast for this lens has been extended by careful control of black reproduction using an optical and mechanical design that substantially reduces flare, veiling glare, and internal reflections. The lens has been designed keeping tight control of the geometric distortion at wide-angle settings. The lens has been designed with a spectral transmittance characteristic that is compatible with most of the major portable cameras to ensure adherence to the HDTV colorimetric standards and to additionally support flexible creative control of color reproduction.
The HDSC lens has been manufactured by excluding harmful substances such as cadmium, PBBS, PBDPE, and mercury from the mechanical parts, and at the same time incorporating lead free glass and reducing the amount of hazardous substances used in electrical parts.
- Designed for a specific brand of high-performance HDV camcorders with 1/3" imagers
- Shuttle Shot Function
- Enhanced servo system called Shuttle Shot that adds value-added creativity to handheld acquisition systems. At the touch of a button, this feature allows the operator to zoom back and forth instantly between any two positions. It can be used to zoom to the telephoto position to check focus and then return instantly to the original position or you can shuttle between any two zoom positions at any time
- Optical Elements and Internal Focus
- Specially developed optical materials combined with the lens element design innovations and multilayer coatings produce a pristine imaging system for the most discerning production team. Internal Focus is a Canon design innovation that uses a floating optical system to better control chromatic aberrations
- Advanced Drive Unit
- Advanced Drive technology encompasses servo control that allows the operator to precisely zoom between tow pre-programmed zoom positions. The ergonomically designed drive unit achieves an ideal balance and comfort by being mounted to the lens at a 12.5° angle. In addition, the size of the unit has been minimized to comfortably fit in the palm of your hand. It improves the feeling of unity between the user and the lens. Moreover, the drive unit is equipped with a Shuttle Shot Function while offering a maximum zoom speed of 1.2 seconds from the wide to the tele end
- Grip Support
- Allows you to securely grip the drive unit without pressing on the VTR or Shuttle Shot buttons
- Ribbed Surface
- Ribbed surface on the bottom of the drive unit provides better handling control
- Enhanced Macro Function
- Allows an M.O.D. of 10mm from the lens front
- Ecological and Compact Design
- The HDgc lens has reduced amount of harmful and hazardous substances that could pollute the environment. Lead is eliminated from all optics as well as other identified substances such as cadmium, mercury, PBBS, etc., from all components comprising the composite lens system. Moreover, the KT20x5B is small in size and light in weight, which allows ease of use when carried on the shoulder