The Apollo Thunderbolt Option Card from Universal Audio is a user installable option that provides Thunderbolt connectivity to the company's Apollo DUO or QUAD audio interfaces. Featuring two Thunderbolt ports, the card provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency versus using the interface's standard FireWire connection.
Bus power is provided to all downstream Thunderbolt devices, allowing for the connection of numerous hard drives, processors, and computer displays with fast, flawless performance. When the Thunderbolt Option Card is engaged, Apollo's FireWire 800 ports are instantly reconfigured as a hub for connecting FireWire devices, such as a hard drive or a UAD-2 Satellite.
Note! Thunderbolt cable sold separately.
- Enables Thunderbolt technology for Apollo DUO and QUAD audio interfaces
- Provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at higher sample rates, and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire
- Two Thunderbolt ports supply bus power for convenient daisy-chaining of peripherals
- Allows Apollo's built-in FireWire ports to be repurposed as a FireWire 800 hub over Thunderbolt
- Easy user installation with tool and instructions included