The ST91000640SS 1TB 6Gb/s SAS 2.5" Hard Disc Drive from SeaGate is an efficiently designed hard drive built to deliver. This 2.5" hard disc drive is not only eco friendly but versatile, as it provides the necessary storage for a variety of needs. The 2.5" design allows for easy integration into existing desktop or server configurations. You also benefit from the industry's highest- reliability 7200-RPM drive designed for 24x7 operation with MTBF of 1.4 million hours and AFT of 0.62%.
Whether you are running storage hungry business applications, or simply running your home PC; this SeaGate Hard Drive will provide you the necessary hardware to quickly and efficiently backup and save your data. This drive is also compatible with various server and network configurations making this an effective drive for both "Storage Area Networks" and "Network Attached Storage" setups. Within those configurations you can utilize this drive in both maximum capacity servers as well as blade servers.
- Best Fit Applications
• Storage-hungry business applications
• Storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS)
• Maximum-capacity servers and blade servers
• Rich media content storage
• Enterprise backup and restore-D2D, virtual tape
• Cloud computing
- Second generation of the first 2.5-inch, mainstream capacity, 15mm z-height, nearline enterprise drive for space-constrained data centers
- Choose 6Gb/s SAS for data integrity, scalability and fast data access, or SATA 6Gb/s for fast, economical Tier 2/nearline performance.
- The industry's highest-reliability 7200-RPM drive, designed for 24×7 operation with MTBF of 1.4M hours and AFR of 0.62%
- Enterprise-class firmware features and best-in-class rotational vibration tolerance maximize system availability and performance.
- Lowest operating power (under 6.4W) and enhanced PowerChoice options for additional power savings during slow or idle periods; Workload Management technology helps systems keep drives cool.
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option (AES-256) cuts IT drive retirement costs while securely protecting data where it lives-on the drive.
- FIPS 140-2 Validated drives protect Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data.