The HP / Hewlett Packard Z820 E5-2643 Xeon 3.3Ghz Workstation is a PC workstation that features dual XEON Quad Core E5-2643 processors running at 3.3 GHz, 8GB of DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, a 500GB 7200 rpm hard drive, and a powerful nVIDIA Quadro 4000 graphics card with 2GB of dedicated RAM.
The machine is built for high-end 3D applications and resource-hungry computing. Dual processors feature a 10MB L3 cache and an 8GT/s QPI bus speed, and the drive interfaces are all SATA, with RAID and SAS support built in. It also features USB 3.0 ports for faster data transfer.
It features four 3.5" internal drive bays, three 5.25 external drive bays, and 7x PCI slots, including three Gen3 PCIe x16, one Gen3 PCIe x8,one Gen3 PCIe x 4 and one Gen2 PCIe x 4. It also includes one PCI slot. Even the RAM slots have room to grow, with 16 slots available (8 slots per CPU) for up to 512GB of RAM. The system supports DDR3, RDIMM (registered), UDIMM (unregistered), and LRDIMM (load reduction) memory for a variety of client-side and service-side memory scenarios.
Other features for the Z820 include Gigabit Ethernet, a 16x SATA SuperMulti DVD+/-RW optical drive, 22-in1 Media Card Reader, and a 1125W power supply. Built for today's high-end applications, but expandable for tomorrow's needs, the Z820 E5-2643 Xeon 3.3Ghz Workstation is a serious machine.
- The HP Z820 Workstation uses a variety of Intel Xeon E5-2600 processors that enable next generation PCI Express technology. With support for 2 processors, the HP Z820 can operate with up to 16 processing cores, delivering optimal performance to help you accomplish more.
- High Performance Visuals and Computing
- Built to support next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics from AMD and NVIDIA, the HP Z820 Workstation offers a wide range of cards from Pro 2D to ultra high-end 3D graphics. With dual graphics processor support, the HP Z820 can drive up to 8 displays.
- This rackable system provides 7 expansion slots, 7 expansion bays and 4-channel integrated DDR3 memory with 16 slots and support for up to 512GBs.
- Xeon Power
- Featuring the Xeon C600 series chipset, LSI SAS 2308 controller, and dual Quick Path Interconnects between the processors, the components of the HPZ820 work together to effectively use its computing power to help you.
- Energy Efficient
- HP workstations offer optional BFR/PVC-free and ENERGY STAR qualified configurations featuring 90% efficient power supplies.
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Built for high end performance, the units ship with Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) OS to match the power of the Xeon quad core processors.