The Shure ULXD24D Dual Channel Handheld Wireless System with SM58 Mics L50 is designed for professional live sound reinforcement applications. The system consists of a dual-channel ULXD4D RF receiver and two ULXD2 handheld microphone transmitters with Shure SM58 capsules.
The receiver features 24-bit 48 kHz digital audio with 60 dB of adjustable gain per channel, a flat frequency response of 20 to 20,000 Hz and a dynamic range greater than 120 dB. A 64 MHz region-dependent overall tuning range ensures you will have ample channels on which to transmit. A single 6 MHz TV RF channel can accommodate up to 17 active transmitters at one time in regular mode or up to 47 transmitters in high-density mode. The receiver will automatically scan and prioritize the best frequencies on which to receive signal and will change frequencies to avoid RF interference.
For security, the system includes AES 256-bit encryption, which ensures that a receiver must be paired to a particular transmitter in order to decode the audio from that transmitter. Multiple receivers may be connected together via the unit's RF cascade ports, and advanced signal routing is available through Dante digital networked audio over Ethernet. The system comes with Shure's Wireless Workbench 6 software for controlling, coordinating, and monitoring multiple wireless systems. For connections, the receiver utilizes balanced XLR jacks and includes a mic/line output level switch.
The ULXD2 wireless handheld transmitter is a machined aluminum microphone body with a frequency response of 30 to 20,000 Hz, depending upon the attached interchangeable microphone cartridge. The device features frequency and power lockout. It includes a backlit LCD for easy controls, a 5 segment battery power gauge, and a selectable RF output power of 1, 10, or 20 mW. Using an integrated single-band helical antenna, the transmitter has an effective operating range of 300 feet, provided there are no physical obstacles or RF interference. You can obtain up to 11 hours of continuous use from two AA alkaline batteries. Alternatively, you can purchase Shure's SB900 lithium-ion battery pack which will last up to 12 hours on a single charge. The transmitter works with a selection of Shure's interchangeable microphone cartridges such as the SM58, SM58 Beta, and SM86, among others. This particular system includes SM58 microphone cartridges.
- AES-256 Encryption
- To ensure that your radio transmissions are secure, and that only your receiver can monitor the signal from transmitters it is keyed to, the receiver is equipped with Advanced Encryption Standard 256 encoding
- Frequency Diversity
- The bodypack transmitters utilize frequency diversity transmissions, wherein the audio signal is sent on two separate radio frequency channels. If the first RF channel drops out due to interference, the receiver will automatically switch to the backup RF channel within milliseconds and without dropping the audio signal
- RF Cascade Ports
- You can connect up to one additional wireless receiver to the system via the first receiver's 2 RF cascade ports. For cascading to work, both receivers must share the same frequency band
- Dante Networking
- The receiver features Dante Digital Audio Networking over Ethernet protocol, which allows you to send uncompressed low-latency audio over standard IP Ethernet networks. This enables you to send audio from a receiver to a Dante-enabled mixer via a single Ethernet cable
- Rechargeable Batteries
- The system includes the option of purchasing Shure Bodypack transmitter lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, which offer 12 hours of continuous use on single charge and display remaining battery time accurate to 15 minute increments. The batteries reach 50% charge within one hour and a full charge within 3 hours