The Tascam Kamesan KS-342 4-Channel Field Mixer is a 4-channel mixer designed for field sound for broadcast and video. The KS-324 features a variety of routing and mixing options in a lightweight, 5.4 lb chassis. Each of its four XLR inputs has assignable 48 volt phantom power, A-B Power, and is configurable to line level. Channels 1-2 also have a 5-pin input for stereo miking techniques such as XY and MS recording, and their corresponding channel strips have a built-in MS decoder. Each channel has its own independent low cut filter, which can be set from 20 to 200 Hz, allowing for noise filtration. Additionally, the KS-324 has two separate headphone outputs, one ¼" and one 1/8" so you can play back a mix without giving up your headphones.
The KS-324 can be powered by eight AA batteries, not included, or the optional Kamesan KSPSM12XLR4 power supply.
- Channel faders can link stereo volume control on one dial
- Pan selector chooses left, right, center, or M-S matrix
- 2:1 compressor available on stereo mix output
- AES/EBU XLR output (24-bit @ 44.1kHz, 48kHz or 96kHz)
- Eight AA battery sled provided for faster loading
- 4 Channel independent low cut filters allow for noise elimination by removing low frequency rumble