The Tascam Kamesan KS-1017 Lip Checker tracks signal time differences in broadcast and post production - meaning that it measures any lag time between audio and video signals. Since the KS-1017 supports both video and audio signals, you can use it to compare an audio source with a video burst or another audio source. The KS-1017 displays the difference in time and the signal strength, which allows you to fix any problems before your program leaves the studio.
To use the KS-1017, just plug the audio source into the rear panel, which accepts mic or line level on XLR connections. Then, hold the included optical wand up to the monitor where the light pulse will occur. For ease of operation, a built-in speaker lets you hear the feed. Plus, an integrated front panel meter shows the intensity detected on the optical meter.
After measuring the difference, the KS-1017 displays the left audio signal, right audio signal and video signal in the order the signals were received. The lag time can be displayed in milliseconds or frames. The KS-1017 is powered by four AA batteries, which is convenient because it allows you to carry the device around a facility to use on multiple feeds.
- Device measures lag between audio and video sources
- Lag time shown in milliseconds (ms) or NTSC frames
- One-button reset on front panel
- Portable device runs on four AA batteries
- Dual XLR mic/line audio inputs located on the rear panel
- Gain controls adjust audio input level for detection
- Built-in speaker allows audio source to be heard
- Optical sensor wand included with KS-1017
- Sensor sensitivity adjustment for reliable readings
- Meter displays reading on optical sensor