The Kamesan KS-4320 MoniCough Switch from Tascam is a box designed for commentators in a broadcast situation. It acts as a preamp for the commentator's mic, integrates with the production intercom, and provides a headphone output. The KS-4320 has a mic preamp built-in, which offers phantom power to the mic (if needed). A mute button on the top allows the commentator to disable their mic. Depending on how much the commentator needs to speak, the button can be configured for push-to-mute, push-to-talk, or toggle On/Off.
The KS-4320 works with standard intercom communication systems. The input can be switched from line level, an RTS IFB feed, or either of the 2 ClearCom configurations. Pressing the TALKBACK button mutes the commentator's mic on the on-air feed, sending it to the intercom line for the production crew.
The KS-4320 can draw power from a 4-pin 12V input or it can run on 3-AA batteries for over 5 hours.
- Commentator mic preamp with phantom power
- Accepts line level, RTS, or ClearCom intercoms
- Configurable mute button behavior (push-to-talk, push-to-cough, or toggle)
- Talkback button diverts the mic from on-air to intercom
- Powered by 4-pin 12V or 3 AA batteries
- Over 5 hour battery life on alkaline batteries
- Available in 1/4" TRS or 7-pin XLR headset models
- Compact design and sturdy construction