The Sony SNC-ZB550 Network Fixed Camera features IPELA Hybrid — Sony’s IP over-coax-technology — allowing customers to migrate easily to HD IP video surveillance systems, utilizing existing analog infrastructure, such as cables, power supplies, switchers, controllers and monitors, thus minimizing investment in new infrastructure. IPELA Hybrid offers a cost effective and environmentally friendly installation. This camera is capable of simultaneously transmitting analog SD and IP HD images over a single coaxial cable.
The SNC-ZB550 offers dual streaming, which can feature any combination of 3 industry-standard compression formats — JPEG, MPEG-4, and H.264 — meaning that the camera uses the optimum compression format for every kind of data. The camera also offers a CS mount lens, 1280 x 1024 maximum HD resolution, as well as the 1/3 type Exmor CMOS sensor for high image quality and low noise.
- Dual streaming with any combination of industry-standard codecs
- Supports dual streaming with any combination of 3 industry-standard compression formats - JPEG, the optimum choice for high-quality still images, MPEG-4, the format that provides clear moving images efficiently over limited-bandwidth networks, and H.264, the alternative for severely limited-bandwidth networks, providing twice the efficiency of MPEG-4. This means that the camera can use the optimum compression format for every kind of data.
- Exmor CMOS Sensor yields improved image acquisition
- Derived from Sony's broadcast product range, the Exmor CMOS sensor ensures high-resolution images with low noise characteristics for improved image acquisition.
- Minimum Illumination enables surveillance even in poor lighting
- Can operate at 0.5 lux for color and 0.3 lux for B&W, delivering surveillance performance even under very dark conditions
- Day/Night function for optimized images in all light conditions
- Day/Night function switches the camera between day (color) and night (B&W) modes, so that in night mode the camera becomes sensitive to near-IR light and can reproduce images not visible to the naked eye.