The Sony SNC-ZR550 Network Rapid Dome Camera features IPELA Hybrid — Sony’s IP over-coax technology — allowing you to migrate easily to HD IP video surveillance systems, utilizing existing analog infrastructure, such as cables, power supplies, switchers, controllers, and monitors, thus minimizing investment in new infrastructure. IPELA Hybrid offers a cost-effective and environment-friendly installation. Moreover, this camera is capable of simultaneously transmitting analog SD and IP HD images over a single coaxial cable.
The SNC-ZR550 offers dual Streaming, which can feature any combination of 3 industry-standard compression formats — JPEG, MPEG-4 and H.264 — therefore, the camera uses the optimum compression format for every kind of data. The camera also offers an auto-focus zoom lens, 360° endless rotation, 1280 x 720 maximum HD resolution, as well as the 1/4" type Exmor CMOS sensor for high image quality and low noise.
- Dual streaming with any combination of industry-standard codecs
- The SNC-ZR550 supports dual streaming with any combination of 3 industry-standard compression formats - JPEG, the optimum choice for high-quality still images, MPEG-4, the format that provides clear moving images efficiently over limited-bandwidth networks, and H.264, the alternative for severely limited-bandwidth networks. This means that the camera can use the optimum compression format for recording the corresponding type of data
- Exmor CMOS Sensor yields improved image acquisition
- Derived from Sony's broadcast product range, the Exmor CMOS sensor captures high-resolution images, with low noise characteristics for improved image acquisition
- Powerful 28x optical zoom capability for enhanced tracking
- The SNC-ZR550's 28x optical zoom delivers greater flexibility in finding and tracking targets
- Day/Night function for optimized images in all light conditions
- Allows the camera to switch between day (color) and night (B&W) modes, so that in night mode the camera becomes sensitive to near-IR light and can reproduce images not visible to the naked eye