The Steadicam Pilot-AA 2nd Unit Camera Stabilization System delivers two lightweight camera stabilization systems in one state-of-the-art system--the Pilot system, designed especially for the modern breed of lightweight cameras from 2 to 10 pounds, plus the ultra lightweight and compact Merlin2 camera stabilization system for cameras from 0.5 to 5 lb.
A 5.8" NTSC/PAL LCD monitor, iso-elastic arm, ultra low-profile vest, and AA battery mount are all included. The iso-elastic arm is a two-section articulated design that can be adjusted while supporting the camera. Using this design, you can raise or lower the arm smoothly and effortlessly throughout its 28" (71 cm) boom range. This arm is also non-reactive, for improved vertical stability and control in all operating conditions, from lock-offs to fast running shots over rough terrain.
The Pilot's low profile vest is designed for comfort and functionality even during extended productions and long continuous shots. No tools are required for the vest or the arm. The included 801-7290 Merlin Arm Post Kit allows the use of the arm and the vest with the Merlin2 system.
The Pilot boasts a true three-axis gimbal and is equipped with positionable monitor, gimbal and battery mounts, as well as counterweights for balance.
A Steadicam SteadiSTAND or other C-stand is required for operation.
- Merlin2 System
- The lightweight Steadicam Merlin2 Camera Stabilizing System lets you go where the scene takes you--up or down steps, indoors and out, through crowds--almost without limitation. The Merlin2 weighs just 1.4 lb and can handle cameras up to 5 lb in weight. It gives you precise, elegant control for dramatic, professional, you-are-there footage.
- Arm and Vest Adapter for Merlin2
- The included Merlin Arm Post Kit allows the basic Merlin stabilization system to work with an arm and vest and rest on a post.
- AA Option
- The AA option allows the monitor to be powered by AA batteries by including an AA battery mount.
- Iso-Elastic Arm
- The Iso-Elastic arm is a two-section articulated design that can be adjusted while supporting the camera. The Steadicam operator can smoothly and effortlessly raise or lower the arm throughout its 28" boom range.
- The Ultra Lightweight Low Profile Vest is designed to provide comfort and functionality for extended productions and long continuous shots. No-tools adjustments make it easy to adjust "on the fly."
- Low Mass Gimbal
- Utilizing a proven Low Mass Gimbal the operator has the ability to capture a fluid camera movement.
- LCD Monitor
- A 5.8" 16:9 LCD monitor is offered for a modern aspect ratio.