The LifeBook S762 13.3” Notebook Computer from Fujitsu is a portable computer that's perfect for use in corporate environments. It is loaded with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), allowing it to communicate with corporate networks and providing other tools necessary for business. The system also features integrated Bluetooth for wireless communication.
The LifeBook has a number of security features beneficial to businesses. A fingerprint reader provides true biometric security and the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects encrypted data. An ExpressCard slot allows you to use expansion cards. The computer's keyboard is resistant against spills, avoiding major damage in case of a minor accident.
The computer is powered by a 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5-3320M CPU. It has 4 GB RAM, 500 GB hard drive, an integrated webcam and integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. Its 13.3” display features a LED backlight and antiglare finish. The system can operate for about 10.5 hours on a single battery charge.
- HD/FHD Camera
- S762 has a built-in HD or FHD web camera. It is a great way to stay in touch with your family, friends and business associates. The camera is located just above the display in the center along with the digital microphone and status indicator light that tells you when the camera is in use. The versatile camera is easy-to-use and the software lets you take pictures or capture videos. The camera can be used for any of the popular social networks to catch up with old friends and to meet new ones.
- SSD Cache
The SSD cache either comes with your unit or can be ordered as an option. Regardless of your configuration, it is super fast. The SSD cache along with Intel Rapid Start Technology returns your notebook to full operational power within seconds. This ultra-responsive capability gives your device the power to resume in a flash when you’re ready and provides ultra-low power consumption when on standby. This saves time and increases the battery life.
Condusiv Express Cache improves the overall system performance, giving you SSD-like performance.
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology*
- The Intel AT helps to lock down lost or stolen laptops, even if thieves attempt to reimage the OS, change the boot order or install a new hard drive. When a laptop is lost or stolen, it can be locked down automatically or by remote command. Once locked down, the laptop will not boot to the OS and is not functional. If the laptop is recovered, a reactivation code can be used to quickly return it to normal operation. 1
- Computrace BIOS-Enabled Models
- Employing Computrace software solutions allows organizations to efficiently monitor system use, recover stolen or missing machines and remotely delete data, if necessary. It also provides the added value of proactively enforcing computer data security policies across the entire organization, increasing both end-user and administrator productivity.
- Blu-ray ROM
- Blu-ray is the primary high-definition format for playing HD movies. It can not only play Blu-ray disc but it is downward compatible with older formats. The Blu-ray ROM drive allows you to play CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-RE, BD-RE DL discs and record on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM discs.
- Anytime USB Charge*
- The Anytime USB Charge feature is available through certain USB 3.0 ports. Anytime USB Charge allows you to charge an external device with a USB charge connector even when the notebook is turned off. Anytime USB Charge ports can be distinguished from standard USB 3.0 ports by the small power plug icon that is adjacent to the standard USB icon on the system surface. 2
- USB 3.0
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) 3.0 ports allow you to connect USB devices. USB 3.0 technology is much faster than the previous generations of USB. It transfers data at up to 5Gbps and is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices, which transfer data at up to 12 Mbps and 480 Mbps, respectively. USB 3.0 ports can be distinguished from USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports by the blue "tongue" in the center of the port.
- Optional Smart Card
- The Optional Smart Card slot, allows you to store passwords and other confidential information on a small plastic card. Smart Cards are extremely convenient and are widely used in employee badges in large enterprises and in government organizations, especially in the Department of Defense. They can also be used in conjunction with TPM and the biometric fingerprint sensor for multi-level user authentication.
- Port Replicator
- The port replicator allows you to easily attach/detach your notebook to non-portable devices, such as monitors, printers and scanners. It is easy to connect and disconnect all these devices every time you need to use your notebook away from your desk. The port replicator offers great expandability and is small and lightweight and easy to carry everywhere.
- User Cleanable Dust Filter
- It allows periodic cleaning to keep dust and lint from blocking the vents. This ensures that the notebook runs cooler, prolonging its operational life.
- WWAN Ready
- The WWAN Ready and 3G WWAN option from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint lets you quickly and easily check your e-mail, browse the Internet and connect to corporate networks from anywhere within their coverage area while on the go.
- Genuine Windows 7 Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest and most engaging version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files such as Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews help you speed through everyday tasks. Faster and more reliable performance means your PC works just the way you want it to. Windows 7 simplifies your tasks with the PC.
Windows 7 Professional provides a powerful combination of innovation and improved performance. Designed to meet the needs of small and midsize businesses, Windows 7 Professional is fast, reliable and compatible. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. It is also combined with all the entertainment features of Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010 (32-bit)
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010 includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel that include advertising. Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher are not included. Customers must purchase an Office 2010 Disc or PKC (Product Key Card) to activate the full-featured Office software on the PC.
- Shock Sensor Utility
When your hard disk drive experiences excessive vibrations or shocks, there is a possibility that the read-write head will come in contact with the rotating platter, resulting in a "head crash." Data loss may occur in such cases. The Fujitsu Shock Sensor utility is a sophisticated hard disk drive protection system designed to minimize the likelihood of such an event.
The Fujitsu notebook has an accelerometer that constantly senses for any sudden movement, including free falls, excessive vibration or sudden impacts. It monitors movements from three axes: front-to-back, side-to-side and up-and-down. The sensitivity can be adjusted by the user to accommodate different working environments.
If a sudden movement is detected, the read-write head is quickly retracted to a safe zone, reducing the possibility of a head crash and the potential loss of data. This technology reduces the risk of your hard drive from being damaged and your data being lost forever.
- Bluetooth Wireless
- Designed to take advantage of a typical workspace or PAN (Personal Area Network), the purpose of Bluetooth is to simplify the exchange of information and interfacing of devices within a close proximity. It communicates with PDAs, cellular phones, peripherals such as mice, keyboards and printers wirelessly, thus minimizing the constraints and clutter of cables. The typical transfer distance for a Bluetooth device is up to 30' (9.14 m). When considering Bluetooth devices keep in mind that the system as well as the individual devices must support Bluetooth.
- It offers a built-in biometric fingerprint swipe sensor that eliminates the need for managing multiple passwords when accessing the network or managing email accounts or other protected systems. With a simple swipe of your finger, you can quickly and safely log onto the protected system and online accounts without having to enter passwords.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- The embedded TPM 1.2 protects digital identification, data and authenticates you into your network. It also allows you to securely store private keys and certificates for file and folder encryption, web, email, digital signature and passwords. TPM solutions can play a strong role in assuring compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to protect medical records, as well as Graham-Leech-Bliley, Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations that impose privacy and security requirements.
- Anti-Microbial Keyboard
- The spill-resistant keyboard offers protection against damage caused by accidental spills. If a liquid is spilled on the keyboard, a protective membrane and collection tray reduce the chance of internal components coming in contact with the liquid. This gives you more time to save your data and shut down the system.
- Keyboard Design
The LifeBook S762 notebook has an ergonomically friendly keyboard. The enlarged, often-used (Fn, Arrow, Backspace and Enter) keys are quick and easy to find.
You can now scroll up/down easily by moving your finger in a circular motion on the new scroll wheel. To take a shortcut to the bottom of a page, simply tap the pad. You will also be able to scroll up and down the pages without disturbing the point function.
- Flexible Connectivity
With the built-in Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN, you can easily connect to your office network and the Internet at home or at work. To wirelessly stay in touch, the integrated Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 (802.11agn 2x2) or Integrated Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 offers seamless and flexible connectivity with a very solid high-speed connection. LifeBook S762 notebook is equipped with integrated Bluetooth (version 4.0) wireless technology for data synchronization and swapping images or information.
The LifeBook S762 notebook comes WWAN Ready. It protects your investment and allows you to add a Wireless LAN module later and activate it when you are ready.