The STYLISTIC Q552 Slate PC by Fujitsu is a tablet PC that features a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N2600 processor with a 1MB cache, a 10.1" widescreen LED backlit IPS LCD and a dual digitizer (both stylus and finger input) interface. It also includes 2GB of 800MHz DDR3 memory, and a 64GB mSATA 3.0 Gbps SSD.
The 10.1" screen with 400 nit brightness has a native resolution of 1280 x 800 and a 160° vertical and horizontal viewing angle. The Q552 uses an Intel GMA3600 graphics controller with a 3D accelerator with up to 759MB dedicated RAM.
Sound is provided via Realtek ALC269 with (HD) audio, one built-in mono speaker and noise cancelling dual microphones. The Q552 includes a 3.0MP rear-facing web camera with autofocus, and a VGA front-facing web-camera.
Communications are provided with the integrated Ralink 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. You can also purchase an optional integrated mobile broadband Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC8355 card (Gobi 3000) with GPS.
The tablet also features a USB 2.0 port, DC In connector, HDMI connector, 30-pin docking port and stereo headphone jack input. There is also an SD card slot and a dedicated Smart Card reader slot.
As with most Fujitsu products, there are a host of security measures built into this model, including an integrated fingerprint sensor, an integrated SmartCard reader slot (requires third-party application, with FIPS 201-compliant Smart Card controller), embedded TPM (select configurations), and Computrace - enabled BIOS, plus user and supervisor BIOS passwords.
The Li-Ion 4-cell battery provides up to 7 hours and 20 minutes of run time, and the system is run on the Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (MUI) operating system. It includes a software package that Microsoft Office Starter 2010, Adobe Reader, Fujitsu Touch Launcher, Fujitsu Driver Update utility, Portshutter, OmniPass Fingerprint application, Auto-rotation Display Utility, Battery Swap Utility, Power Saving Utility, Fujitsu HomeLauncher and Fujitsu OnScreen Touchpad.
If you're experiencing problems with the touch functionality, you may want to download the latest version of the FJ Optimizer Utility from Fujitsu's support website. The FJ Optimizer Utility works to improve performance and automatically improve touch tuning to increase the responsiveness of the digitizer.
- Windows 7 Operating System
- Better ways to find and manage files such as Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews help you get through everyday tasks quickly. Windows Media Center and Windows Touch make more multimedia possible. You can also connect to company networks more securely with Domain Join.
- Bluetooth Wireless
- Bluetooth can be used to wirelessly transfer/ synchronize data to and from different devices such as PDAs and cellular phones. It also communicates with peripherals such as mice, keyboards, and printers wirelessly, minimizing the constraints and clutter of cables. The typical transfer distance for a Bluetooth device is up to 30 feet.
- Fujitsu offers a built-in biometric fingerprint swipe sensor that eliminates the need for managing multiple passwords when accessing the network and managing email accounts and other protected systems. With a simple swipe of the finger, you can quickly and safely log onto the protected system and online accounts without having to enter passwords.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
- The embedded TPM 1.2 protects digital identification and data, and authenticates you into your network. It also allows you to securely store private keys and certificates for file and folder encryption, Web, email, digital signature, and passwords.
- Dedicated Smart Card
- A dedicated Smart Card slot, allows you to store passwords and other confidential information on a small plastic card. Smart Cards are extremely convenient and are widely used in employee badges in large enterprises and in government agencies like the Department of Defense. They can also be used in conjunction with TPM and the biometric fingerprint sensor for multi-level user authentication.
- HDMI Port
- The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port is a digital audio/video interface over which uncompressed streams can be transmitted. This port is used to connect compatible digital devices with your computer (such as large-screen HDTVs).
- Computrace BIOS-Enabled Models
- Integrated Computrace BIOS tracking agent from Absolute Software embedded in the BIOS firmware is designed to provide innovative theft recovery solutions with optional Computrace software. Employing Computrace software solutions allows organizations to efficiently monitor system use, recover stolen or missing machines, and remotely delete data, if necessary. Computrace software solutions also provide the added value of proactively enforcing computer data security policies across the entire organization.
- Fujitsu Touch Launcher
- Fujitsu Touch Launcher is an on-screen method for quickly launching commonly-used applications and performing Internet tasks. Depending upon your operating environment, the launcher will either be in Launcher Mode or Internet Mode. In Launcher Mode, certain Windows actions can be performed such as Print and Close Window. Additional buttons can be programmed to launch additional applications that you select. In Internet Mode, the Touch Launcher can be used to perform common Internet tasks, such as Back, Open Tab, Close Tab, Favorites, and Snipping. Additionally, you can customize the launcher buttons to launch whichever applications you choose. The Touch Launcher can be downloaded from the Fujitsu Support website and is currently designed for Windows 7 systems.