The Razer Megalodon Elite 7.1 Gaming Headset features a Maelstrom Audio Engine that supports 7.1 channel virtual surround sound for pinpoint positional audio. The headset's onboard audio processing unit also performs the task of surround sound virtualization, which takes the demand off of your computer's processor. Plus, besides controlling the virtualization process, the processing unit also features controls for master volume, all seven virtual speakers, bass level, mic sensitivity, mic leveling and mic mute. It also features a Razer Maelstrom On/Off switch, reset switch and active/standby toggle. The Megalodon is equipped with a noise-filtering amplified microphone as well, which cuts out background noise, focuses on your voice and also amplifies the signal. The headset connects to your PC via a gold-plated USB connector, and the 10.8' braided fiber sheath cable affords maximum mobility while wearing the headset.
- Razer Maelstrom Audio Engine
- The headset's Maelstrom Audio Engine supports 7.1 channel virtual surround sound. Plus, if the sound source does not support 7.1 or 5.1 surround sound, the Megalodon will also perform as a stereo headset with rich, deep bass
- Onboard Audio Processing
- Offload the surround sound virtualization to the headset's internal sound card and take the demand off your computer's processor
- Noise-Filtering Amplified Microphone
- The noise-filtering microphone cuts out the noise and focuses on your voice, while also boosting the signal