The Synology DiskStation DS213+ All-in-One 2-Bay NAS Server is a dual bay enclosure that features room for two SATA II 2.5 or 3.5" hard drives or SSDs for a maximum total capacity of 8TB (drives are not included). It also features the ability to hot swap drives for ease and flexibility in case of data loss or corruption.
The transfer speed of data on and off the server is handled with USB 3.0 ports for up to 5Gbps speed. It has a 110.36 MBps read and 84.31 MBps write speed rating, and also includes a Gigabit Ethernet port, USB 2.0 ports and an SD card slot for even faster and more flexible transfer options. The DS213+ also includes a hardware-based Floating Point Unit that speeds up the processing computations.
Like the DS213-S, the DS213+ features backup options that include network and local backup, desktop backup, shared folder syncing, and Apple Time Machine compatibility. It is also capable of backing up from and to USB flash drives and SD memory cards.
The DS213+ can be used as a multimedia server, streaming music and movies over your Internet connection using DLNA and uPnP standards, or as a mail server with POP3, SMTP and IMAP support. You can also use it as an FTP server with bandwidth control, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP and transfer log support. If you need a dedicated print server, the DS213+ can also handle LPR, CIFS, IPP, Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print for up to 2 separate printers.
The server also has file sharing capability for individual and group user accounts, along with protocol for managing those accounts, which adds a layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to the server. It also supports RAID 0, 1, JBOD and hybrid RAID configurations, along with support for RAID migration so that you can move data from one RAID array to another.
- Dual Core Performance
- With Dual Core processing power, Synology DS213+ delivers an average 84.31 MB/sec writing speed under RAID 1 configuration in a Windows environment, and 110.36 MB/sec reading1. The built-in Floating-Point Unit makes for faster thumbnail processing to enhance photo viewing at different resolutions. Coming with USB 3.0 support which offers transmission speeds of up to 5 Gbps, namely 10 times faster than USB 2.0, DS213+ takes less time for data transfer for external hard drives and consumes less power.
- Energy Efficient
- Synology DS213+ delivers high performance when needed, but during low activity level it also uses a very small amount of power. During System Hibernation mode, DS213+ consumes only 2.6 watts of power to listen for network activities, and resumes back to operation in a very short amount of time upon demand. Compared to shutting off the whole system, System Hibernation brings a closer balance between smart energy management and system responsiveness.
- Comprehensive network protocol support assures smooth file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Windows ADS and LDAP integration allows the Synology DS213+ to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment with no need to recreate user accounts. Windows ACL support provides access control and privilege settings, allowing users to enjoy a native Windows experience. Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based File Station. HTTPS, the built-in firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level.
- Software Management
- Synology DiskStation DS213+ runs on renowned multitasking operating system, the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM). Offering a comprehensive list of business applications, the DS213+ can be customized to run multiple applications of your choice to fulfill the requirement of your business environment. The DS213+ replaces several pieces of traditional network hardware with rich features designed specifically for workgroups and offices such as antivirus, video surveillance, webmail, VPN, and LDAP directory services.
- The Package Center
- Applications are managed in the Package Center, an application portal that hosts applications as ready-to-use packages; to ensure high software integration as well as one-click-installation to eliminate guess work during installation. Additional approved 3rd party PHP web application such as content management, customer relationship management & e-commerce system can be hosted on DS213+ by using Web Station with support for PHP/MySQL web content.
- Backup Solutions
Synology DS213+ offers a centralized backup target to consolidate fragmented and unstructured data across a network. PC users can back up their data to Synology DS213+ using Synology Data Replicator software, and Mac OS X users enjoy native Apple Time Machine integration.
A backup wizard is provided for backing up data from DS213+ to another Synology DiskStation or any rsync server via an encrypted connection, or to an external hard drive via USB 3.0 or eSATA connection. The wizard also makes it easy to back up DiskStation data to the cloud via Amazon S3 or STRATO HiDrive. In addition, users can back up and restore DiskStation shared folders in multiple versions using Synology Time Backup package.
- Shared Folder Sync
- Shared Folder Sync allows users to synchronize a specific folder from Synology DS213+ to another DiskStation- a server-to-client backup mechanism that takes place whenever something is changed on the server side. Users will be able to share documents within their local office seamlessly and safely with encrypted connection. When your DiskStation is down, you will be able to have an immediate backup running in no time.
- Languages Supported
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Magyar, Portuguese, Turkish, Czech, Korean, Chinese, Simplified Chinese