The Core i7-3820QM 2.70 GHz Processor from Intel is a 2.70 GHz 64-bit third generation quad core processor complete with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 allowing it to be overclocked to 3.7GHz when additional processing power is needed. Along with enhanced processing power, this Core i7 processor comes equipped with 8MB of Intel Smart Cache and a 5 GT/s digital media interface.
This Core i7 processor comes equipped with Intel HD Graphics 4000 embedded within the CPU supporting up to three different displays. With a graphics base frequency of 650 MHz and max dynamic frequency 1.25GHz you benefit from enhanced graphics processing power bringing your multimedia to life. This enhanced graphics processing power also supports Intel Quick Sync Video, Intel InTru 3D Technology, Intel Insider, Intel Wireless Display, Intel Flexible Display Interface, and Intel Clear Video HD Technology.
Connect a variety of peripherals to a PC equipped with this Core i7 processor as it supports PCI Express Revision 3.0 in x16, x8, and x4 configurations with 16 PCI Express Lanes.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don't.
- Intel vPro Technology
Intel vPro Technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security:
1. Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses, and malware
2. Identity and web site access point protection
3. Confidential personal and business data protection
4. Remote and local monitoring, remediation, and repair of PCs and workstations.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT Technology) delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
- Intel Virtualization Technology
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) allows one hardware platform to function as multiple "virtual" platforms. It offers improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium processor (VT-i) virtualization adding new support for I/O-device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help end users improve security and reliability of the systems and also improve performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT), also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel Virtualization Technology platforms reduces the memory and power overhead costs and increases battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It enables an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system.
- AES New Instructions
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI) are a set of instructions that enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES-NI are valuable for a wide range of cryptographic applications, including applications that perform bulk encryption/decryption, authentication, random number generation, and authenticated encryption.
- Intel 64
- Intel 64 architecture improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4 GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology (Intel AT) helps keep your laptop safe and secure in the event that it's ever lost or stolen. Intel AT requires a service subscription from an Intel AT-enabled service provider.
- Intel My Wi-Fi Technology
- Intel My Wi-Fi Technology enables wireless connection of an Ultrabook or laptop to Wi-Fi enabled devices such as printers, stereos, etc.
- 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology
- 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology provides broadband Internet access at speeds up to four times faster than 3G.
- Idle States
- Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0 is the operational state, meaning that the CPU is doing useful work. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second, and so on, where more power saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power-conservation needs of mobile systems. Conventional Intel SpeedStep Technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as Separation between Voltage and Frequency Changes, and Clock Partitioning and Recovery.
- Intel Demand Based Switching
- Intel Demand Based Switching is a power-management technology in which the applied voltage and clock speed of a microprocessor are kept at the minimum necessary levels until more processing power is required. This technology was introduced as Intel SpeedStep Technology in the server marketplace.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature, and the thermal management features reduce package power consumption and thereby temperature when required in order to remain within normal operating limits.
- Intel Fast Memory Access
- Intel Fast Memory Access is an updated Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) backbone architecture that improves system performance by optimizing the use of available memory bandwidth and reducing the latency of the memory accesses.
- Intel Flex Memory Access
- Intel Flex Memory Access facilitates easier upgrades by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in dual-channel mode.
- Execute Disable Bit
- Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious-code attacks and prevent harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or network.
- Intel Secure Key
- Intel Secure Key consists of a digital random number generator that creates truly random numbers to strengthen encryption algorithms.
- Intel Identity Protection Technology
- Intel Identity Protection Technology is a built-in security token technology that helps provide a simple, tamper-resistant method for protecting access to your online customer and business data from threats and fraud. Intel IPT provides a hardware-based proof of a unique user's PC to websites, financial institutions, and network services; providing verification that it is not malware attempting to login. Intel IPT can be a key component in two-factor authentication solutions to protect your information at websites and business log-ins.