The Intel Core i5-2520M 2.50 GHz Processor is equipped with 2 cores and 4 threads and can be installed in the PPGA988 socket. It delivers an improved automatic performance, thanks to its Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. This gives system builders the freedom to set their computers the way they want by overclocking the processor's original speed of 2.50 GHz to up to 3.20 GHz.The Intel Core i5-2520M Processor is built on the 32 nm process technology. It has Intel HD Graphics 3000 technology integrated into it. The processor features Intel Clear Video HD technology to handle high-definition playback with ease. Furthermore, the processor is equipped with advanced technologies such as Intel vPro technology, Intel Hyper-Threading technology, Intel Virtualization technology and more.
- Intel Quick Sync Video
- Intel Quick Sync Video delivers fast conversion of video for portable media players, online sharing and video editing and authoring.
- Intel InTru 3D Technology
- Intel InTru 3D technology provides stereoscopic 3D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4 and premium audio.
- Intel Wireless Display
- Intel Wireless Display technology enables wireless streaming of movies, photos, websites and more from an Ultrabook or a PC to an HDTV.
- Intel Flexible Display Interface (Intel FDI)
- The Intel Flexible Display Interface is an innovative path for two independently controlled channels of integrated graphics to be displayed.
- Intel Clear Video HD Technology
- Intel Clear Video HD technology delivers high-definition quality playback that provides you a unique experience to watch movies and play games.
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Intel Turbo Boost technology dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed, by utilizing thermal and power headroom. This allows the processor to run faster and makes it more energy efficient.
- Intel vPro Technology
Intel vPro technology is a set of security and manageability capabilities built into the processor aimed at addressing four critical areas of IT security:
1) Threat management, including protection from rootkits, viruses and malware
2) Identity and website access point protection
3) Confidential, personal and business data protection
4) Remote and local monitoring, remediation and repair of PCs and workstations.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel HT)
- Intel Hyper-Threading technology delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly-threaded applications can perform more tasks in parallel, thus completing tasks sooner.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Intel Virtualization technology allows a single hardware platform to function as multiple virtual platforms. It limits downtime and maintains productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions, thus offering improved manageability.
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- Intel Virtualization technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) continues from the existing support for IA-32 (VT-x) and Itanium processor (VT-i) virtualization, adding new support for I/O device virtualization. Intel VT-d can help improve security and reliability of systems as well as performance of I/O devices in virtualized environments.
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology
- Intel Trusted Execution technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It provides an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all the other software on the system.
- AES New Instructions (AES-NI)
- Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions is a set of instructions that enables fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES-NI is valuable for a wide range of cryptographic applications, such as applications that perform bulk encryption/decryption, authentication, random number generation and authenticated encryption.
- Intel 64 Architecture
- Intel 64 architecture delivers 64-bit computing on server, workstation, desktop and mobile platforms when combined with supporting software. It improves performance by allowing systems to address more than 4GB of both virtual and physical memory.
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology (Intel AT)
- Intel Anti-Theft technology enables safety and security of your laptop in the event of loss or theft. Intel AT requires a service subscription from an Intel AT-enabled service provider.
- Intel My Wi-Fi Technology
- Intel My Wi-Fi technology enables wireless connection of an Ultrabook or a laptop to Wi-Fi enabled devices such as printers, stereos and more.
- 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology
- 4G WiMAX Wireless technology provides broadband Internet access at speeds up to four times faster than 3G.
- Idle States
- Idle States (C-states) are used to save power when the processor is idle. C0, the operational state, indicates that the CPU is performing useful tasks. C1 is the first idle state, C2 the second and so on, where more power-saving actions are taken for numerically higher C-states.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology is an advanced means of enabling high performance while meeting the power conservation needs of mobile systems. Conventional Intel SpeedStep technology switches both voltage and frequency in tandem between high and low levels in response to processor load. Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology builds upon that architecture using design strategies such as separation between voltage and frequency changes and clock partitioning and recovery.
- Thermal Monitoring Technologies
- Thermal Monitoring technologies protect the processor package and the system from thermal failure through several thermal management features. An on-die Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) detects the core's temperature. In addition, these thermal management features reduce the package power consumption and thereby temperature when required, in order to remain within normal operating limits.
- Intel Fast Memory Access
- Intel Fast Memory Access is an updated Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) backbone architecture. It improves system performance by optimizing the use of available memory bandwidth and reducing the latency of memory accesses.
- Intel Flex Memory Access
- Intel Flex Memory Access facilitates easier upgrades by allowing different memory sizes to be populated and remain in dual-channel mode.
- Execute Disable Bit
- Execute Disable Bit is a hardware-based security feature that can reduce exposure to viruses and malicious code attacks. It also prevents harmful software from executing and propagating on the server or the network.
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables, also known as Second Level Address Translation (SLAT), provides acceleration for memory-intensive virtualized applications. Extended Page Tables in Intel Virtualization technology platforms reduce the memory and power overhead costs and increase battery life through hardware optimization of page table management.