The Rodenstock 50mm f/4 HR Digaron-W Lens with eShutter is a wide angle large format lens designed specifically for use with digital backs, which require a smaller image circle with the highest resolution, color fidelity, and optical performance with all apertures. This lens is recommended for use with backs with a 40 x 54mm sensor size or smaller and when used with a 40 x 54mm sensor the angle of view is equivalent to that of a 32mm lens in 35mm format.
This lens is set in the Rodenstock eShutter (size #0) to provide precise exposure control with shutter speeds ranging from 1/125 to 32 seconds, plus T, and aperture adjustments in 1/6, 1/3, 1/2, and 1 stop steps. Exposure settings are controlled via the eShutter Control Unit (purchased separately).
Rodenstock's digital-specific lenses provide image quality that allows the maximum capacity of a digital back to be realized. The lens utilizes every technological possibility to get as close as possible to the absolute limits of diffraction- determined resolution, even accounting for the properties and thickness of a CCD's protective glass. With the HR Digaron-W, you can use digital backs with a pixel pitch as small as 5µ.
- High resolution lens specifically designed for use with digital backs featuring image sensors large as 40 x 54mm.
- Produces extremely fine, uniform 90mm image circle.
- Standard view with 84° coverage.
- Apochromatic design to eliminate color fringing.
- Ideal working aperture range of f/5.6 - 8.
- Appropriate for use with digital-specific large format systems and DSLR cameras as the image receiver.
- Rodenstock eShutter requires the use of the eShutter Control Unit (not included) to modify exposure settings.