The Sony VAIO E Series 15 SVE15128CXS 15.5" Notebook Computer is part of Sony's E Series line and features a 15.5" LED backlit widescreen with a 1366x768 resolution, a 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-3632QM Quad-Core processor, and a 1TB 5400 rpm hard drive. It also features 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, and integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
This notebook computer also features networking via Ethernet or 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi. It includes Bluetooth 4.0+HS connectivity as well. It also includes an integrated 1.3MP webcam and microphone for social networking and Internet chatting, and integrated stereo speakers that use Sony's Clear Phase and xLOUD technologies, which push sound without speaker crackling.
A nice extra is the full size 103-key QWERTY backlit keyboard. Using the laptop in lowlight situations (propped up in bed, or cramming for midterms in a library at night) doesn't have to impact your work - the backlighting on the keyboard adds a soft glow so that you can accurately type even when the ambient lighting is dim.
Another extra is the USB charging port, which lets you charge your USB peripherals even when the notebook is turned off - perfect for charging your phone or MP3 player during a flight. The USB 3.0 port is becoming the speed standard for transferring files, and this notebook includes one USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports.
The speed is also apparent in the wake time of this notebook. With Sony's Rapid Wake Technology, you can close the lid of the notebook and when you're ready to resume, you'll see the laptop come to life in less than three seconds. The notebook can stay in sleep mode for days - you'll still resume in less than three seconds.
- Sony Style
- The VAIO E Series 15 laptop features a distinctive wrap design, polished aluminum lid, and a sparkling diamond cut VAIO logo. You also get a full size keyboard with number pad and a large touch pad designed for comfort.
- Sony Apps
- Sony Imagination Studio VAIO Edition includes four powerful Sony applications: Movie Studio Platinum, ACID Music Studio, Sound Forge Audio Studio and DVD Architect Studio software - so you can create music and movies on your own.
- Bold and Bright
- Developed by the same people who engineer flat-panel HDTVs, this laptop features a 15.5" (1366 x 768) backlit widescreen display. The backlighting lowers power consumption and improves battery life.
- Sony's Media Apps
- You get seamless connectivity across all of your Sony devices to your content. Share and play with your content as you choose. Quick and easy access to content stored locally, on DLNA servers, or from PlayMemories Online.
- Night Shift
- The keyboard features a precisely engineered keyboard and integrated 10-key number pad. When typing in dim light, an LED backlight frames the individual keys and illuminates the lettering to make it easier to find the right keys.
- Rapid Wake
- With Sony's own Rapid Wake technology, you simply close the lid to put your PC into sleep mode. Then, when you're ready to start again, you'll resume in two seconds with your data safe and secure. If you are unplugged, your PC can stay in sleep mode for days.
- Multi-Gesture Touchpad
- Scroll with two fingers, pinch to zoom in and out of images, swipe to flip through pages or photos, rotate an image, and much more. Use your touchpad in the same way as if you were touching the screen. And rather than clicking on a button, just click on the left or right mouse areas in order to activate those functions.
- HD Web Camera
- The built-in webcam and microphone let's you see clearly while chatting. The Exmor sensor helps guarantee a clear, bright picture even in dimly-lit rooms. And with select applications, you can use the webcam and a few simple hand gestures to turn pages, skip songs, adjust the volume and more.
- USB Charging
- Forgot to charge your phone or MP3 player? Just plug your device via USB cord into the USB 3.0 sleep charge port and start charging. Even if the PC is shut down and not plugged in you can still use it.
- Full Connectivity
- VAIO PCs seamlessly integrate ports so you don't have to carry a dongle. HDMI, VGA and Gigabit Ethernet ports connect to your HDTV, Blu-ray Disc player, external monitor and more (cables sold separately). With the USB 3.0 port, transfer heavy files at speeds up to ten times faster than USB 2.0, and the memory card slot can transfer photos and videos as well.