Consequence from Sugar Bytes is a chord groovebox that's both overflowing with possibilities and enables an intuitive workflow, capturing any of your ideas directly via an audiorecorder. An extensive sound library contains all kinds of instruments - from powerful analogue synths to the most subtle violins.
Consequence is a compositioning tool for you to try out chord patterns in a matter of seconds. This mega-instrument also mutates everything you play via MIDI into the discosound of tomorrow.
The word Synquencer describes the combination of a powerful synthesizer and complex step sequencer which creates pitch-, modulation-, and trigger data.
Consequence uses 16 chords to play them in sequence, extract melodies to trigger a unique sound section with lots of available instrument sounds and intelligent trigger interpretation. The Consequence VST plugin sends MIDI data, so all kinds of MIDI-compatible gear can be controlled by Consequence.
Three individual sound generators called Instruments are available. Each one of these Instruments can play its own interpretation from the existing sequence due to individual trigger settings and volume envelopes. The instruments work with a sampling library which has been created exclusively for Consequence. 237 sounds are currently available, recorded from first class natural instruments and synthesizers. Also, there's a multi effects device available containing Reverse, Chorus, Phaser, Delay and Reverb effects. The final stage of the Consequence sound section is the master section which offers tuning features, a fine master compressor and a kick drum which plays a 4/4 rhythm. The kick drum is a friendly helper to keep the groove while you are creating sequences, also it can be sent to the compressor exclusively to glue the mix together or let the level drop at each quarter note.
The central part of the Consequence surface is taken by the Sequencer Section. The eight 32-step-sequencers represent the ultimate playground for groove design. For each Instrument, the Filter and the FX section there is a modulation track. Beside the classic gate sequencer track, there are the chord sequencer and the performance sequencer which arrange chords and melodies. Up to 16 chords can be created and stored in the Chord Memory and all will be called by the Chord Sequencer. The Peformance part of the sequencer lets you to choose for each step if a chord or a single note plays and offers simple but powerful methods to create pretty complex music out of a handful of chords. Notes can be held for a number of steps or triggered multiple times on a single step. Additionally, each Instrument can decide for itself if its triggered exclusively by full chords or by single notes and if it plays each gate step or each second, third, and so on. All sequencer data is sent to MIDI out, so you can trigger any instrument, hardware or plugin, with Consequence. Finally, with Consequence you can create song structures from chords and melodies in a fresh and intuitive way.
- 3 sample-based oscillators with independent envelopes and gate selection for overlaying chords with arpeggios
- 32-step sequencers for chord selection, gate, performance (arp, tie, multi-trigger, octave, glide) and modulation
- New sound design features like polyphonic frequency-dependent sample rate reduction and aging
- Included kick 4/4 kick drum for easy groove orientation
- Multi-effect with 5 effects (reverse, chorus, phaser, delay, reverb)
- Master compressor (can be driven by 4/4 kick via sidechain)
- Monophonic and polyphonic 5-mode filter (lp, bp, hp, br, comp) with independent gate selection
- Pattern change via MIDI note
- MIDI input for sequencing chords in realtime
- MIDI output for triggering MIDI compatible gear
- Easy chord creation via chordmaker, chord-recording and manual chord drawing
- Audio recorder for session recording or for creating loops
- 200 first class sounds available
- Split preset system can combine sound-, sequence- and chord-presets