MONOFILTER 4 from NuGen Audio is a bass mixing plug-in that can be used to enhance the bass in your mixes by helping to center them in the stereo field, to correct low frequency phase issues and more. The plug-in can be used on mono or stereo tracks for mixing, mastering, enhancing vinyl samples and more.
Phase issues in the low end of a mix can be caused by stereo mixing effects such as delays and choruses. Also, if samples with phase issues to begin with are used in the production, phasing can be present your mix as well. This can make the bass frequencies in your mix sound hollow or weak. To improve upon this, you can add MONOFILTER to your mix groups or effects returns and use the phase control parameter to align the phase of the low frequencies in the left versus right channels.
In addition, MONOFILTER has a crossover function that allows you to split an audio signal into two frequency bands for separate processing. This function, for instance, would allow you to separate the bass frequencies in a stereo file, mix them in mono, and process them by themselves. On the other hand, the frequencies above the threshold frequency could be mixed in stereo and processed separately. This can yield a more focused low end and ultimately a stronger, clearer mix.
- For mixing, mastering, enhancing vinyl recordings for digital archiving and more
- Graphical stereo differential spectrum analyzer allows for visual frequency analysis for mastering and more
- A|B feature for comparing tweaks easily
- Linear phase high pass filter
- Click-and-drag stereo width envelope
- Pre/post metering
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Multiple output modes
- Windows and Mac compatibility, plus RTAS, VST and AU compatible for support with major DAWs