The DIR-506L SharePort Go Pocket Cloud Router from D-Link is a multi-faceted wireless router. This wireless router comes equipped with a variety of networking standards including IEEE 802.11n2, 802.11g, 802.3, 802.3u, and 802.3ab providing extensive connectivity options. The integrated fast Ethernet port allows for wired Internet connectivity where available. Once configured, the DIR-506L supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA and WPA2, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) security options.
With a variety of operational modes including Router Mode, AP Mode, Repeater Mode, and Wi-Fi Hotspot Mode, the DIR-506L is more than just a router. AP Mode, or access point mode, gives you the ability to setup a wireless access point to give others access to data stored within a drive connected to the router, as well as access to the Internet. In repeater mode, the DIR-506L is regenerating the network signal therefore enhancing it to provide a stronger signal over a greater distance. With the Wi-Fi Hotspot mode, you can take a wired Ethernet connection and convert it into a Wi-Fi signal making it available to other users.
The DIR-506L is not only easy to setup, it comes equipped with an internal battery giving you the freedom to access the internet on the go. You can also plug in a variety of USB devices to receive a charge via the integrated USB port. If limited storage on your mobile devices is a problem, take advantage of the USB port and plug in a separate drive making the information available through the network to any number of devices.
- Stream Movies, Music and Photos to All Your Devices
- View all of your media files at home or on the go. Connect to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device with the free SharePort Mobile app. The app uses icons for easy navigation. You also have the ability to sync and share music, videos and photos from your USB storage device to your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Wirelessly Expand Your iPad and Smartphone Storage
- The DIR-506L adds portable, wireless storage to your iPhone, iPad and Android devices, giving you more capacity for your favorite media. Just plug in a USB drive to instantly access and share your favorite movies, music, and photos.
- Turn Any Internet Connection into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
With the DIR-506L you can setup a local Wi-Fi network. Simply utilize the All-In-One Mobile Companion as a travel router or access point for instant strong wireless bandwidth anywhere where a wired network connection already exists.
- Charge and Go
- With the DIR-506L you can charge and go. The integrated USB port gives you the ability to charge your device and take it with you for increased mobility and connectivity. Use the included USB cable to plug into to your PC or laptop's USB port. You can also connect to an AC outlet using a standard USB power adapter. The DIR-506L has the ability to charge your Smartphone allowing you to leave chargers and other wires behind. The included rechargeable battery delivers up to 4 hours of charge.
- Travel-Friendly and Versatile
- The compact design of the DIR-506L allows it to fit right in your pocket and the rechargeable battery means you don't even need a power outlet to share your Internet connection or create a secure wireless network. Ideal for public places with limited power outlets like airports, cars, trains, subways, or hotel lobbies and conference rooms with limited power outlets.
- Easy to Set Up and Easy to Use
Setting up the DIR-506L is quick and simple. Connect to it wirelessly with a PC or mobile device and follow the steps in the built-in Setup Wizard to configure. With D-Link's One-Touch AP Configuration and Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button, connecting to an existing wireless network or adding wireless devices can be done with a push of a button.
D-Link also provides a free Quick Router Setup Mobile (QRS) app for your iPhone, iPad, or Android device for setting up the SharePort Go with your mobile device.