The Iconia W700 W700-6691 11.6" Tablet from Acer features a 11.6" widescreen LED-backlit display with 10-point multi-touch support and a wide 178° viewing angle for consistent color. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 with up to 128MB of dedicated system memory. Measuring 0.47" thin and weighing just over 2 pounds, the W700 is a portable tablet you can take with you on the road.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 64GB solid state drive, a Micro-HDMI port, a USB 3.0 port, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, a front 1-megapixel camera capable of recording 720p HD video, a rear 5-megapixel camera capable of recording 1080p HD video and an integrated microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers optimized with Dolby Home Theater v4 technology.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Acer Iconia W700 tablet houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3317U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.7GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.6GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able have a smooth and seamless user experience
- 11.6" HD LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 11.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit capacitive touchscreen has integrated 10-point multi-touch support, allowing you to use multi-touch gestures featured in Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The built-in gyroscope allows for auto image rotation, which switches between landscape or portrait modes, depending on how you hold the tablet
- Front & Rear Cameras
- The front-facing 1-megapixel camera can take pictures with a 1280 x 1024 resolution as well as record 720p HD video. The rear 5-megapixel camera can take pictures with a 2592 x 1944 resolution and record 1080p HD video
- Solid State Drive
- This Acer Iconia W700 tablet comes with a 64GB solid state drive for improved boot times and faster performance. Solid state drives also last longer than traditional mechanical hard disk drives because there are no moving parts
- Included Accessories
- The included cradle allows for this Acer Iconia W700 tablet to be propped up and used like a notebook computer. The cradle has three additional USB 3.0 ports so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals. For typing while the W700 is in the cradle, this Acer Iconia tablet also comes with a Bluetooth wireless keyboard for added convenience
- Acer Always Connect
- With the Acer Always Connect feature, the W700 can remember frequently visited Wi-Fi networks and can automatically connect you to them when you're in range
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it