The Aspire S7 S7-391-9886 13.3" Ultrabook Computer from Acer features a traditional notebook computer design, but has a capacitive touchscreen for added convenience. You'll be able to use your keyboard, mouse and now your fingers as you can tap directly on tiles instead of clicking on them.
This Acer notebook also features the Windows 8 (64-bit) operating system. With a redesigned Start screen and an emphasis on tiles that update in real-time as well as enhanced capacitive touchscreen support, Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. It also has 4GB of onboard DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid-state drive, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core Processor
- This Acer computer is powered by an Ivy Bridge 1.9GHz Intel Core i7-3517U processor. Its dual cores can also be overclocked up to 3.0GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 4MB L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- 13.3" HD Capacitive Touchscreen
- The 13.3" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this Acer computer supports capacitive touch capabilities. With the Windows 8 operating system, you'll be able to take full advantage of the Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution by tapping on tiles, pinching to zoom and dragging icons using just your fingers. The visuals are handled by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- The New Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration Between Touch, Keyboard & Mouse
- Windows 8 supports notebook computers with capacitive touchscreens. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or just your fingers. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. On touch-enabled computers, Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it