The X501A-DH31 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS features an aluminum construction and is available in a white finish. The 15.6" HD widescreen display uses LED backlight technology for low power consumption. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
The system is powered by a dual-core Sandy Bridge 2.3GHz Intel Core i3-2350M processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 320GB 5400rpm hard drive, a 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing speakers with SonicMaster Lite audio enhancement technology.
- Dual-Core Intel Core i3 Performance
- This ASUS notebook is powered by a Sandy Bridge Intel Core i3-2350M processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.3GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience smooth multitasking
- 15.6" HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 15.6" HD widescreen LED-backlit display of this ASUS notebook provides full-screen views of HD content. The display offers a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000. You can connect this ASUS notebook to an external display via the HDMI or VGA port
- Stay Connected
- Stay connected to the Internet wirelessly with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support. The integrated webcam and microphone puts you face-to-face with friends or colleagues. Capture high quality HD videos or photos and send them to friends or post them on social media networks
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it