The Republic of Gamers G55VW-DH71 15.6" Notebook Computer from ASUS houses the power of a tricked out desktop gaming PC in one portable notebook computer. This ASUS notebook redefines the term "mobile gaming." Full resolution graphics, consistent frames per second (fps) and high definition multimedia are compacted into a notebook which allows you to dominate the competition while on the go.
This ASUS notebook has a 15.6" Full HD anti-glare widescreen display that is backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and provide better picture quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a true 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard of HDTVs. The Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution is supported by an nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM processor. It also comes with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. The built-in stereo speakers are also accompanied by a built-in subwoofer. Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This ASUS notebook imposes its will on other gaming notebooks with its powerful Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3630QM processor. Its quad cores can run at 2.4GHz and up to 8 threads. It can also be overclocked up to 3.4GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. The 8GB of DDR3 RAM memory ensures that programs and games open quickly so you can jump right into the fray with minimum loading times. Multitasking is also a breeze for when you have to take a break from being awesome in order to check email, surf the Web and more
- Full 1080p HD Video Quality
- When it comes to gaming computers, the graphics processor is one of the most important, if not the most important, component. Luckily, this ASUS notebook doesn't disappoint with an nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M graphics processing unit (GPU). It has an enormous 2GB of dedicated memory just for rendering graphics. No longer will you have to deal with jagged edges and screen tearing because the nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M provides smooth visual effects and stunning 1080p quality
- Sleek Design
- Inspired by a stealth fighter, this ASUS notebook regains superiority over the competition with advanced design and battle-hardened build quality. The soft, sleek but muscular lines will allow you to outmaneuver and dominate ungainly competitors, while the advanced thermals and gamer friendly design will keep you immersed. The spacious, adjustable and back-illuminated seamless one-piece keyboard with soft-touch palm rest and isolated arrow keys will allow you to keep gaming without cramping up. No need to just beat the competition, when you can also look good while you're doing it
- An Intense Audio & Visual Experience
- Eye strain will be the thing of the past with this ASUS notebook's anti-glare matte screen. The display also has a wide viewing angle to reduce the dead zone and helps to improve visibility during gaming, particularly in dark environments. The built-in subwoofer and SonicMaster audio technology ensure a rich and powerful experience that will ward off challengers
- Incredible Thermal Efficiency
- This ASUS notebook packs a massive performance punch, which needs to be kept cool. The dual fan filter system enables you to keep your system running cooler and quieter for a long period of time. The unique, intelligent thermal design improves power and thermal efficiency by exhausting hot air from the back of the machine, enabling you to leave the competition battling for survival in your wake
- The New Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, you'll be able to bring all your personalized Start screen with you by signing into your Microsoft account. When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it