The ENVY h8-1450 Desktop PC from HP comes with Windows 8 preinstalled opening up a variety of possibilities. Windows 8 is backed up by an AMD Six-Core FX-6120 processor providing the necessary processing power to run a variety of multimedia applications at the same time. Multi-tasking is also supported by 10GB of DDR3 SDRAM effectively allowing multiple applications to run fluidly all at the same time. The 2TB hard drive present in the ENVY h8-1450 provides sufficient storage space for a large amount of videos, movies, music, and documents. For fast access to your files you can also take advantage of the 16GB solid state drive.
Connectivity options found on the ENVY h8-1450 include wireless 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity, Gigabit Ethernet, and Bluetooth 4.0. Connect your PC to a variety of monitors with VGA, DVI, DisplayPort and HDMI connections. The ENVY h8-1450 is 7.1 HD Audio Surround Sound Capable along with Beats Audio compatibility. Transferring data from peripherals is also simple with 6 x USB 2.0 ports, 4 x USB 3.0 ports and a 15-in-1 memory card reader.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Powerful Performance
• Handles multiple demanding projects easily and simultaneously.
• Top-positioned power button enables convenient use.
• A built-in valet tray on top of the tower provides convenient access and cable management for a variety of small peripherals and accessories.
• A sliding panel offers quick access to front-mounted ports while keeping them hidden when they're not in use.
• The front-panel 15-in-1 memory card reader makes it easy to transfer photos, music, and other files to and from your digital camera and other peripheral devices.
• The HP ENVY h8 PC also features Integrated Bluetooth and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
- Only HP
With HP Music powered by Meridian you can get more out of your tunes and discover more music in an entirely new way with HP Connected Music powered by Meridian. Enhance your experience by browsing your locally-saved music, downloads, Internet radio, and streaming services.
Sync photos across your PC, smartphone, and tablet. Crop, rotate, add captions, and more. Then share in seconds with friends and family through your social networks.
CyberLink Power Director is fast, feature-rich and easy to use. Whether you're practically a pro or a novice, PowerDirector is packed with intuitive and exciting features and is designed for creating brilliant high definition videos.
CyberLine PhotoDirector makes it easy to create spectacular photos. From the moment your images are imported, the software empowers you with the tools you need to create professional-looking images, including photo management, photo adjustment and advanced editing features.
- HP Multi Display Solutions
- Improve your productivity with the HP ENVY h8-1450 desktop with built-in HP Multi-Display Capable technology that supports two monitors making multi-tasking easy. E-mail, research, chat, browse the web, edit photos, and watch videos all at the same time with more room than ever before. Play your games the way they were intended without cramming controls and information on top of the action. With support for two monitors, you can take advantage of powerful graphics capabilities.
- The Windows 8 Experience
The Redesigned Start Screen
Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
To the Cloud
With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services as well as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it