The Inspiron 14z i14Z-1000SLV 14" Ultrabook Computer from Dell measures in at 0.8" thin and weighs just over 4 pounds. It has a 14" HD TruLife widescreen display that is backlit with LED lamps, which are energy efficient and provide better image quality. The screen has a glossy finish, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i3-3217U processor. It also has 6GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 32GB solid state drive cache, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo Skullcandy speakers with Waves MaxxAudio technology.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core Performance
- This Dell Ultrabook has a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i3-3217U processor for multitasking between applications with ease. The low-voltage processor won't drain your battery life, which allows you to stay mobile for longer
- 14" HD Trulife Widescreen Display
- This Dell Ultrabook has a 14" HD Trulife widescreen display with LED backlight technology. LED backlighting provides a more energy efficient way of providing uniform color. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio so HD content will scale accordingly while the glossy finish allows for vibrant color and deeper black levels. The 1366 x 768 native resolution is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Skullcandy Speakers
- The built-in stereo speakers on this Dell Ultrabook are made by Skullcandy. The audio on this Dell Ultrabook supports Waves MaxxAudio technology for enhanced sound quality
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it