The Inspiron 15 i15N-3091BK 15.6" Notebook Computer from Dell excels as an affordable notebook computer with reliable performance. Designed as an everyday computer, you'll be able to do type up word documents, organize photos and surf the Web with ease.
The 15.6" widescreen display has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The integrated Intel HD graphics support a 1366 x 768 native resolution as well as 720p HD video playback. The system is powered by a dual-core 2.2GHz Intel Pentium B960 processor. It also comes with 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and a microphone as well as built-in stereo speakers.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Dual-Core Intel Performance
- This Dell notebook comes with a 2.2GHz Intel Pentium B960 processor so you can power through your daily computing tasks. With dual-core power, you'll be able to stay productive with word processing and sending emails while still able to view movies and surf the Web. This Dell notebook allows you to enjoy reliable performance without breaking the bank
- A Display of Excellence
- The 15.6" display on this Dell notebook features a 16:9 aspect ratio and supports high-definition 720p video playback. If you prefer to view your videos and movies on a bigger screen, the HDMI port on this Dell notebook allows you to output video to an external, HDMI-compliant display
- Stay Connected
- The 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet jack on this Dell notebook provides instant access to the Internet. If you're on the move, the 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi support provides a reliable connection to a wireless network. The built-in webcam and integrated microphone allows you to video chat with friends and family with ease
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it