The XPS 15 XPS15-9062SLV 15.6" Notebook Computer from Dell features a machined aluminum body with a silicone base and a magnesium palmrest. The XPS 15 has a silver soft-touch paint finish for a stylish look. The 15.6" Truelife widescreen display has a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution powered by a dedicated nVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics card with 2GB of discrete memory.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-3632QM processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 7200rpm hard drive with a 32GB solid state drive cache, a slot-loading Blu-ray player, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio 4 technology.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles that update in real-time, which provide faster access to news, weather forecasts, sports scores, social network updates and more. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- The XPS 15 has an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3632QM processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 2.2GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.2GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, the XPS 15 provides fast and efficient multitasking between applications
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The XPS 15 has a 15.6" Full HD Truelife widescreen display with LED backlighting, which is more energy efficient than its CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a glossy coating for vibrant color. If the Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution on a 15.6" screen isn't cutting it for you, you can connect to a bigger external display using either the HDMI or mini DisplayPort output
- Go Wireless
- Stay connected with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi. The XPS 15 remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords. The XPS 15 also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can connect all your peripherals wirelessly with ease. The integrated webcam allows you to video chat while the built-in microphone captures your voice with clear precision
- Durable Design
- The XPS 15 is made up of machined aluminum for solid build quality. It also has a silicone base with a machined aluminum casing for better grip while the magnesium palmrest features a soft touch paint finish
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a more tablet style design featuring tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it