The WorkForce DS-6500 Document Scanner from Epson features a 1200x1200dpi and up to a 25ppm scan speed. The scanner's 100-page duplex ADF can handle pages as large as 8.5x40" and as small as 4.0x6.0". Easily scan multipage two-sided documents in one easy step. The unit's one-touch scanning options lets you create up to 30 programmable jobs for a smooth workflow and easy transitioning between different scan types. The scanner's ultrasonic double-feed detector ensures no pages get skipped for stress-free operation. Additionally, the scanner's built in book spine shadow correction detects and removes dark areas that typically appear near the book spine.
The DS-6500 comes with ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR software that turns your scans into editable text. The software also gives you the option to save your scans as searchable PDF files. Besides scanning to a drive on your computer, the scanner software provides the ability to scan documents directly to popular cloud services such as Evernote or Google Docs.
- Accurate Text Scanning: four line CCD sensor (RGB and black) for crisp, sharp text; included book spine correction eliminates distortion when scanning bound materials
- Get More Done: one-pass, duplex scanning at speeds of up to 25 ppm/50 ipm
- Capture Large, Two-Sided Documents In One Step: Use the ADF to scan documents from 4.0x6.0" to 8.5x40.0" via the ADF or up to 8.5 x 11.7" via the flatbed
- Work Smarter & More Efficiently: built-in 100-sheet ADF, plus auto duplex scanning
- Front Panel One-Touch Scan Buttons: Create up to 30 user-programmable jobs
- Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detector: automatically stops the scan job if two pages have fed together
- Scan To Cloud Services: scan to SharePoint, Evernote, Google Docs and more
- Scan To Searchable PDF: save scanned documents as PDF, PDF-A or jpeg files and more
- Productivity Software: The scanner includes EPSON Scan, Document Capture Pro (Windows only) and ABBYY FineReader Sprint OCR