The AME600-UR368 Desktop Computer from Acer features an all black surface with a streamlined design complete with a silver frame and indirect lighting for a unique, elegant look. This Acer desktop computer provides reliable performance and plenty of ports for high productivity and plenty of multimedia options.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 3.0GHz Intel Core i5-3330 processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, a multi-in-1 digital media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, eight USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port and a VGA port. There are also a 3.5mm headphone jack and a 3.5mm microphone jack as well as high definition audio with 5.1-channel surround sound support.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- This Acer desktop computer houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3330 processor. Its quad cores can reach a stock speed of 3.0GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.2GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- With integrated Intel HD Graphics, you'll be able to view HD content from this Acer desktop computer. You can output video via the HDMI port for optimal image quality. This Acer desktop computer also has high definition audio with 5.1-channel surround sound support for the complete multimedia experience
- Stay Connected
- For a fast wired Internet connection, you can use the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack. If you want to place your Acer desktop computer some place where it would be difficult to get an Ethernet cable to, you can use 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet wirelessly. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also supported so you can connect to all your favorite peripherals, such as a wireless keyboard or mouse
- USB 3.0
- This Acer desktop computer features 4 USB 3.0 ports, which provide a data transfer rate of 5Gbps, which is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. The USB 3.0 ports are also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices. Speaking of USB 2.0, there's an additional eight USB 2.0 ports for even more options
- Storage Expansion
- This Acer desktop computer comes with a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive so you'll have the storage space you need to download and store media files, such as music, photos and videos. If you need more space, you can add additional hard drives via the three 3.5" hard drive bays (2 available)
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it